Go to store or website for Golf Apparel deals

How do you feel about TJ Maxx?

• It’s an absolute gold mine of hidden gems!

• I’m not a 40 year old woman looking for cute fall decôr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Afizzle2100

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s the beginning of a new golf season. You’ve gone a year of rocking the same go to polos. You’ve completely sweat through your hats. You need to get some new gear.

You arent looking to splurge though. You are looking to hunt some bargains. Let’s say you tapped into the shoebox cash so the spouse doesn’t know you are buying a lucky shirt instead of a dinner for 2. Where are you goin?

For Golf Shirts, Shorts, and Pants my go to is.........TJ Maxx...... I’m a total maxxinista. Trips there used to be torture growing up with my mom. However. TJ Maxx has awesome golf polos and shorts in styles you may have forgotten about from last year. Everything is super high quality in my opinion. I’ve walked out with a brand new wardrobe before for under $100 bucks.

If I’m looking for hats then I generally go with sales in my local pro shops that may not be frequented as much. Rock Bottom, and Budget Golf have great sales on hats sometimes as well. Many smaller places are willing to make deals on hats if you wanna barter a bit.

What say y’all?

Store as in Pro Shop at Golf Course

I wore the $11 UA polo today that I picked up there last year. Usually don't have much at my local one.

As an aside, when we went to Australia last year they have TK Maxx

Not that I don't enjoy paying $60-$80 for a polo, but I enjoy Ross and Dick's closeout store they have near me as well.

I’m strictly online shopping! Budget golf & Travis Mathew are my go to’s.

Website all day long. I tend to have more luck looking for they style I’m looking for & seems prices are better.

I buy most of my stuff online. We have a Ross, but most of the stuff they have is usually junk.

Always looking for a deal, that's pretty much how it is. Find a deal.

Budget Golf with THP coupon

Mostly pro shop and online, but sometimes Nordstrom Rack - you can find some nice stuff off season.

Mostly online for me, but occasionally find a steal at discount shops when my wife is doing some shopping.

I buy all of my shirts at golf course pro shops and shorts from the discounted rack at golf galaxy.

I think I got a rash last time at TJ max 😢

You can find good deals at TJM, Marshall’s and Ross but you have to be there at the right time and that is random as hell. It’s really happenstance.

Budget Golf is really good. Most of the golf clothing companies have good deals throughout the year. Sign up for their email list and you’ll get notifications off them.

I'd rather look for good prices online.

I used to do a lot of TJ Maxxing, but I don't buy anything there anymore. I think 3 factors play into that.

1. I started working for a more casual company so golf clothes and work clothes became the same so I wanted nicer things.
  2. I realized for every 1 shirt I bought at TJ Maxx that I ended up wearing a lot, I bought 3 or 4 that I hardly ever wore. I feel like at TJ Maxx you go and they have 5 ugly shirts and 1 ok shirt but when you get home and put the OK shirt in the closet it's just not as appealing.
  3. My income has risen quite a bit over the last 5 years. I would rather buy the shirt I really want instead of heading to TJ Maxx now.

There are deals to be had, but the store is a total cluster-F so it's impossible to ever find anything.

Back