Goalie's Goals for the Grandaddy

Very cool. Look forward to following along your journey. Get it yo!!! Excited for you!

Great write up, looking forward to following along with you! Having a repeatable swing and at least a consistent 'miss' is a huge thing to improvement, and the fact that you're already hot with the wedges makes for a formidable opponent. Good luck with the progress!

Congratulations again @goalie on being selected for the Grandaddy. Eager to follow your journey and play with you again next summer.

Following along on your journey, ex hockey goalie too here, have a blast.

This thread was created when I was on a golf trip so I missed it! Found it now though and I'm excited to follow along in the lead up to December!

Practice the next few evenings, then hopefully one full round and two early 9's at the lake over the weekend.
Have you had your first lesson yet? How was it?

Great start. Can't wait to follow along and meet you sometime this fall!

IMG_20220903_090329_01.jpg

Got some range time. 4w and down is actually feeling good. Driver is still in full "WTF is it going" mode.

As usual, more time at the short game practice area than full shots on the range.

I re gripped my wedges, and I'm starting to really get the feel with my 54* on those 15-35 yard shots from the rough. Which is good, because it's a familiar place for me. 😁

Putting had been decent to good, and I feel like my stroke is consistent, so there's that. I've decided when I read putts wrong, and hit my line and speed and miss, I will just smile and blame my (imaginary) caddy for the bad read.

Teed off in 49* and sunny, no wind conditions. Apparently my tee game is straight down the middle or "oh no!!!" with no in-between.

Chipped in on a par 5. 14 putts for 9 holes.

Loved walking and using my Callaway scorecard holder.

IMG_20220904_084433942_HDR.jpg

Lotta tight holes with elevation.

IMG_20220904_073723945_HDR.jpg

Lessons have officially started, and will be weekly until the Grandaddy.

The instructor thinks there is hope.

Not a LOT of hope, but hope nonetheless......
I’m pumped for you. You’re going to kill it I can’t wait to see the results up close and personal.

I’m pumped for you. You’re going to kill it I can’t wait to see the results up close and personal.
I'm cautiously optimistic. The dual camera tech and ability to see what I'm doing in real time compared to what I need to be doing works for me really well. Much better than just someone saying "turn and keep your shoulder from dropping" does.

Lessons have officially started, and will be weekly until the Grandaddy.

The instructor thinks there is hope.

Not a LOT of hope, but hope nonetheless......

Great work and you will be fine! Enjoy the lessons and the learning.

I have a feeling this (lessons) will be something I look back and say I should have done years ago.

The Grandaddy is some serious motivation, that's for sure. :)

I do have to say that my wife being on board with this has been huge.

Good stuff so far man! It's fun following along with everyone's goals and progress so far.

Which part of Minnesota do you live in? I'm down in Sioux Falls and my sales territory just expanded up to Mankato so I get over there a little more often these days.

Good stuff so far man! It's fun following along with everyone's goals and progress so far.

Which part of Minnesota do you live in? I'm down in Sioux Falls and my sales territory just expanded up to Mankato so I get over there a little more often these days.
I'm in the Twin Cities suburbs.

Reactions: KEV
Just saw this thread, have fun and enjoy. Its a whirlwind when you get there but so much fun.

First time out after my first real lesson. I was hitting left, just like in my lesson, but making good contact with the ball. The left knee bend/weight shift without moving my hips back and my shoulder turn keeping them as even as possible almost felt normal by the end of the round. It was a scramble, so there wasn't a ton of pressure to revert to my OTT move.

My putting was on fire. Made 3 from 20-30' and won longest putt money.

I now understand why people say lessons can mess up your game for a while. I'm glad league is done and I can stick with it until December without worrying if I get worse before it all comes together.

So, some tee issues with the "new" swing changes incorporated. I'm glad I started after league ended, otherwise it's be tempted to revert to "my" swing.

Screenshot_20220917-100604.png

Oh, and I sucked out of the sand today. I'm going to work on that before winter hits and I can't.

On a good note, putting didn't suck. 😁

Last edited:
Back