Gogogo Sport VPro GS24 Laser Rangefinder Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We get the opportunity to review a lot of distance measuring devices at THP. From lasers to GPS watches and everything in between. At the current rate of release, there appears to be a new laser coming out every few months that falls into the bargain category, and they are definitely not all created equally.

Our first goal when testing out a device like this is the one thing that is most important to the golfer, accuracy. From there speed, features, build quality, battery life, etc all come into play. When Gogogo Sport reached out regarding this laser rangefinder I was a bit skeptical. Coming in at under $100 for non-slope and and under $120 for a slope model with a toggle switch was a bold challenge.

Continue reading...

Looks good. Shame I just bought a MiLESEEY range finder a few weeks ago. I may have gone for the Gogogo.

This looks like an absolute winner based on your review for people that don’t want to spend a ton of money on a rangefinder!

Very nice! Seems like the cost to consumer is falling in all the golf tech gadget categories — lasers, launch monitors, etc. — while maintaining the benefit to the golfer. Win-win.

• Admin
Very nice! Seems like the cost to consumer is falling in all the golf tech gadget categories — lasers, launch monitors, etc. — while maintaining the benefit to the golfer. Win-win.

I think that is partially the case. Standard lasers can be had for quite a bit less than previously, and the higher end models are packing in a ton of features. See the Voice Caddie SL2 for instance.

Great review JB. So if you were new to the world of lasers, and already owned a GPS device, thus unsure how valuable a laser might be, is this the one you’d choose?

• Admin
Great review JB. So if you were new to the world of lasers, and already owned a GPS device, thus unsure how valuable a laser might be, is this the one you’d choose?

Not sure. Budget dependent, maybe? It is very inexpensive. For a bit more the Shot Scope laser is rock solid and has really good and documented company support. If budget is really stripped, yes, this appears in my testing to do the job pretty darn well for not a large investment.

Nice to see a “budget friendly” option be able to perform like the higher priced models!

Sounds like a solid device, especially at that price point. If I were in the market for one, this would definitely be a consideration, given the stated accuracy, since I rarely use mine during a round any more and would want to keep my investment to a minimum.

These budget range finders are getting crazy affordable. That’s cool..

Great review jb. Great price on the unit. From a previous set of discussions we have had a lot of people prefer a gps watch rather than a range finder, just if they had to pick one or another. This could be a good inexpensive addition to that category with the slope and could support a gps watch without spending a lot of extra money.

Not sure. Budget dependent, maybe? It is very inexpensive. For a bit more the Shot Scope laser is rock solid and has really good and documented company support. If budget is really stripped, yes, this appears in my testing to do the job pretty darn well for not a large investment.
Thanks - took a flier on one, will be able to use it tomorrow and Sunday - see how it goes, for me, it's not really a cost based thing - though I always feel like I am stealing when I spend on golf - as if I am taking away from the family - irrational, yes. Seems overall to have great reviews as do some of other Gogogo rangefinders (that have different uses or might be older models). As one who plays the same courses (generally speaking), and uses the GPS vice a rangefinder - I was pretty taken with how many people were using these during the Mizuno Experience (not this brand, but rangefinders in general). So, before I make the jump to the Mercedes/BMW/Cadillac of rangefinders - like you, JMAN and VOSH were using this should be a great introduction.

I'll let folks know my opinions in the coming days/weeks. Amazon is also claiming to deliver to me later today for the same price as mentioned earlier - so afternoon delivery for about $115 with tax - the slope model.

Reactions: JB
Thank you for the honest answer. This is exactly what I’m looking for. I have a cheap range finder from Amazon Warehouse (like $35 cheap) and I’m not too confident with it. I don’t need all the bells and whistles, just a cheap, reliable, rangefinder I can use when I need distance to the pin for the 5 or so times a round I’ll actually use it.

Thank you for the honest answer. This is exactly what I’m looking for. I have a cheap range finder from Amazon Warehouse (like $35 cheap) and I’m not too confident with it. I don’t need all the bells and whistles, just a cheap, reliable, rangefinder I can use when I need distance to the pin for the 5 or so times a round I’ll actually use it.

This would fit the bill I have a feeling and with the Amazon coupon currently going on, seems to make sense. I do not know how long that coupon lasts, as it was not told to me, but rather I found it when putting the review together.

As little as I used to play versus practice this wasn’t a need as much as a want. Playing more and I can mentally justify the price.

FOR HOW MUCH? I really don't want to say the Price of My Bushnell non - slope a bout 3 years ago, well, the bestest half bought it for my Birthday. But still. Less than 120 for one with slope? Great subject today @JB

nice pick not to mention, as soon as i saw the review post, i thought it was Bushnell from the case

It is crazy how accurate these are at such a low price. As long as they are not fragile they are a great option.

That's crazy cheap. I love seeing these new vendors coming to market. Feel like it forces the bigger, more established names to keep their game up.

Ordered at 10 arrived before 2. Amazon logistics, wow! USPS, UPS and FEDEX ground, are you paying attention!?!?

thanks to JB and thp for getting me to try out a new product and spend more money !!;)(y):ROFLMAO:

073D40A8-4668-44AD-BE99-39398EFDBA9A.jpeg

Reactions: JB
Thanks - Back to the diet - salad and chicken rule day. I am deaf - but I can still see - so I will be trying it out tomorrow at the range and sunday on course - will compare to my GPS to see differences. Looking very forward it too.

A decent laser for around a C-note might be of interest as a first DMD for someone on a budget, or maybe one to use as a “travel” laser. For that money it stings a whole lot less if it gets lifted out of your travel bag or left behind somewhere.

Back