Golf advisor top 50 courses

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
Golf advisor released its top 50 list of courses that get the best reviews. It's an interesting list, it's obviously not the 50 best courses in the US, but it seems to be courses that are good deals and worth checking out. I've played 4 courses on the list, and 3 of them are personal favorites, and the other I can see why it's there. What do you think of the list?

1-25 http://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/top-25-us-courses-15652.htm#slide-article-60975

26-50 http://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/top-50-us-courses-2015-15650.htm

Hmmm, I'll definitely adding some of these to my 2016 list!

Golf advisor released its top 50 list of courses that get the best reviews. It's an interesting list, it's obviously not the 50 best courses in the US, but it seems to be courses that are good deals and worth checking out. I've played 4 courses on the list, and 3 of them are personal favorites, and the other I can see why it's there. What do you think of the list?

1-25 http://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/top-25-us-courses-15652.htm#slide-article-60975

Played 4 of these. The three Piautes and Eaglebrook. Love Eaglebrook!

JM

26-50 http://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/top-50-us-courses-2015-15650.htm

All I have played on the second list is the New Course at Grand Cypress. Boy would I like another chance at that one. Surprised that the other courses at Cypress didn't make the list.

JM

Played 4 of these. The three Piautes and Eaglebrook. Love Eaglebrook!

JM
Eaglebrooke is an excellent course, phenomenally underrated.

Agree 1,000%. 18 is a ball buster! I have played there a couple of times. One of my customers is a member and lives on like #7 FW or something. I would join if I lived down there.

JM

A little surprised to see Sewailo rated #6. It is a nice course and has reduced pricing since they opened. I think The Gallery, Golf Club At Vistoso, Ventana Canyon, The Preserve, Omni Tucson National and Arizona National are all better in Tucson.

bummer I haven't played any of the AZ courses listed in both rankings. Looks like I'll be busy this year

Awesome to see Yocha Dehe get the top spot. Definitely on my list to play, everything I've heard says its top notch. Thanks for the list Wake.

The only two courses on the list I've played are the #27 Hideaway CC in Naples Florida, and the #1 ranked Yoche Dehe in N. California. Both are nice courses but certainly not in the same league as the Brainerd Lakes, Minnesota courses I've grown up with. These include: Deacon's Lodge, The Classic at Madden's, Cragun's Legacy Courses, The Pines at Grandview.

It's amazing to me that there are so many great courses with green fees under $100 on this list, but people willing pay $495+ to play at Pebble Beach.

Surprised some of the myrtle beach courses aren't on there. Really enjoyed a few there

Hmmm...I've only played a single course on that list.

It's amazing to me that there are so many great courses with green fees under $100 on this list, but people willing pay $495+ to play at Pebble Beach.

You pay the big bucks at Pebble mostly because its history makes it one of those bucket list courses that happens to be in coastal California where everything is overpriced. Poppy Hills is a great layout with the same quality as PB and is $72 during the week for anyone keeping a handicap in N. California NCGA members).

You pay the big bucks at Pebble mostly because its history makes it one of those bucket list courses that happens to be in coastal California where everything is overpriced. Poppy Hills is a great layout with the same quality as PB and is $72 during the week for anyone keeping a handicap in N. California NCGA members).

No doubt! As I was reading these lists and checking out certain courses I was blown away at how amazing some of them look, but you're absolutely right about the name and history of Pebble playing into the price.

I take lessons at Poppy, but I haven't played it yet. It looks to be in phenomenal shape so I'm definitely going to get a round in there before the NorCal get together!

Surprising - I have played 10 of those courses! There are some nice tracks, but the pricing is a bit off from what I remember.

Would have thought I'd play more, but it looks like only 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How in the world is Rams Hill in Borrego Springs number 13? I don't even think it is a top 13 course in San Diego county

How in the world is Rams Hill in Borrego Springs number 13? I don't even think it is a top 13 course in San Diego county

never played there but i've heard the playing conditions are phenomenal. lush fairways, perfect greens. i would head out if it wasn't in the middle of freaking nowhere. http://www.greenskeeper.org/southern_california/san_diego/the_golf_club_at_montesoro/reviews.cfm

on that list i've played aviara, maderas, and two of the paiute courses. they were all pretty good, didn't think about top 50 in the US good, but yeah i could see why they are on there. i think results are skewed because they mostly rely on golfnow for reviews so if the course doesn't book through golfnow they typically don't get enough reviews to qualify.

Really love seeing El campeon on there. What a great course

To be fair I just noticed it has been redesigned in 2007 and last time I played it was 2002 or 2003

Surprised wolf creek is not on the list, it is every bit as good as waldorf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an interesting list with some very good courses on the high side of the mid-level price bracket. I've played 9 of them and all are worthy to be on that list. Grand Bear is one of my personal favorites. I don't think you could go wrong playing any of them, but it seems that they could have sorted by price point a bit better.

All three (Las vegas) Paiute courses rated ahead of TPC Las Vegas? Uh, no, no way.

All three (Las vegas) Paiute courses rated ahead of TPC Las Vegas? Uh, no, no way.

Probably the fact you can play all 3 or close to all 3 for the price of one round at TPC probably factors in.

Just looked you can golf tomorrow for $40 at each one and $125 TPC Vegas

Back