Golf after many many injuries

Lunopapi

Reaction score
Hey I’m luno, I like long walks into the rough, snapping an iron over the knee and saying I quit only to come back again and again :D

Haven’t played much lately but it is the last thing I need to beat my father at and he isn’t getting any younger so I’m back at blaming the clubs or the ground or the lie.

Main problem now is a couple years ago I broke my femur and had a nail put in (big piece of metal that basically gets driven like a nail through the inside of my femur to strengthen it). In most other sports or athletic endeavors I’m back to pretty much normal. But trying to play golf again my natural pull has become a push. Honestly not that mad I think the push is better to have them the pull. I think will be easier to reign in.

Oh also I base everything off Ben hogan figured that guy knew what it took to play some good golf, that’s how I’m gonna try and play.. . Thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
:welcome: as someone who has had all kinds of repairs done on their body I can tell you this, all the aches and pains disappear when you make a good golf shot! :cool:

Welcome back and welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, glad you’re here. You are not alone, my playing partners and I often limp our way to the first tee box, we always limp off the last green.

Welcome aboard!

When it comes to Hogan, always remember he was battling the hooks, so don't be afraid to "season to taste" with your swing/grip/etc. I remind myself, "To have Hogan's swing, you have to be Hogan."

And, to add a bit of humor, my bio father died many years ago, so my FiL is the closest thing I have. Last year was the first time I beat him, after 14 years of trying.
It was sweet. And, I'd formulated a plan for when it happened. I didn't say a word to him about it for months. then, for Christmas, I had a copy of the card blown up to about 11" x 14" and framed. I waited until Christmas morning with the family, and made him open it last. THAT was even sweeter. He's sworn it will never happen again.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP and back to the game !

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

So first trip down to the driving range today. Did have plans to play a round but was raining all day.

I took one club my worst club the driver. The funny thing is you go to the driving range to practice, make a plan I’m gonna lessen the back swing get the hips working properly and then open her up once everything is rotating and positioning well. And even though your addressing the ball and telling yourself half back swing slow follow through I just couldn’t help but swinging harder than I wanted to. Anyway after a few mulligans I did get into the swing of it. Hip rotation and shoulder rotation felt good. I’d say swing axis was the most troubling part. Gave myself a goal of hitting 10 grouped drives in a row. Out of 100 balls best I could do was 8. But a reasonable group within about 20m of each other 250-270m carry. Hip is feeling a little sore after though and new adidas golf shoes need some wearing in :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back