ironman70

Long Hitter The Lama...
Reaction score
Handicap
My family enjoys touring the U.S. West Coast wine country. I also enjoy playing lots of golf. I would love to hear about good public access golf courses near wine country from the Central Coast of California and points North of that which offer both great wine tours, and nice golf opportunities. By the way, Pebble Beach is out... that course has priced itself out of the acceptable range!!

Dont know how far south you are coming but La Purisma and Hunter Ranch get great reviews all of the time. They are about an hour north of Santa Barbara.
http://www.lapurisimagolf.com/
Im sure the Santa Ynez wine country was not what you are talking about though.

I played Pacific Grove Municipal. It's on the Monterey Peninsula too. The northern part, I think. It was $45 on a Thursday in September 2008.

Its all good as far as I'm concerned. The Solvang area is among my favorites in wine country. Great food at the Hitching Post and the Los Olivos Inn. Thanks for the tip!

I second Sand piper, amazing!

I'm just jealous that you get to combine golfing and wine country touring at the same time. Either you are leaving your wife at home or she plays:D

Back