Oleschool

Reaction score
Usga has a rule must be proper golf apparel

but it never says what is golf apparel or what is proper? Does anybody know

It more depends on what golf courses allow I think.

Some people don't mind Tiger and his blade collared shirts... some do.
Some people don't mind joggers... some do.
Some don't mind denim... some wouldn't be caught dead in it... on a course.
Some don't mind hoodies... some hate them.
Tucker shirts. Untucked...

It's what the course allows I think

It more depends on what golf courses allow I think.

Some people don't mind Tiger and his blade collared shirts... some do.
Some people don't mind joggers... some do.
Some don't mind denim... some wouldn't be caught dead in it... on a course.
Some don't mind hoodies... some hate them.
Tucker shirts. Untucked...

It's what the course allows I think
Thanks

There are rules about apparel in the USGA / R&A Rules of Golf?

Huh. News to me.

Golf courses set their own dress codes and they vary (considerably) from course to course. For about 99% of the courses most of us will play, a collared shirt and non-denim shorts or pants will be fine. If in doubt, check the course's website or call them to ask.

There are rules about apparel in the USGA / R&A Rules of Golf?

Huh. News to me.

well yes and no
They seem to defy all logic as usual
My book which I can’t find says and it’s a numbered rule: must wear proper golf apparel. Who knows?

well yes and no
They seem to defy all logic as usual
My book which I can’t find says and it’s a numbered rule: must wear proper golf apparel. Who knows?
"Proper" is what the course you're playing considers "proper". For a muni, that could be cutoff jean shorts, a tank top and a backwards ball cap; for a high-end course it could be a tucked-in polo with slacks, and your hat worn with the bill facing forward.

I just looked, don't see any such reference in the Rules of Golf.

I like a collared shirt and clean neat pants or shorts. They don't need to have a golf equipment logo on them to qualify I'm my book. Just clean and neat. Besides your going to pay a premium for that stuff when you can get shorts and pants by Izod, Lands end, and many other brands,who probably make them for the golf companies from Penny's, Kohls, Belks if you live in the south and even Target at a third of the price.

If you dont get it right they will let you know. Common sense will guide you. Of course you can check out the club or course website for their rule.

I’m sure your right

I thought I saw it in the usga rules book but I can’t find mine, maybe I saw it in a score card, it’s all good

Anyone know of an apparel company that sells gear without advertising?

they should pay us to advertise not the other way around

Not necessarily advertising free but let's call it less intrusive... ProTour polos... their logo is on the sleeve and small.
I picked up a few Greg Norman polos at Costco the other day. They're nice and the only logo is inside the shirt collar so it's not obvious.

Not necessarily advertising free but let's call it less intrusive... ProTour polos... their logo is on the sleeve and small.
I picked up a few Greg Norman polos at Costco the other day. They're nice and the only logo is inside the shirt collar so it's not obvious.
Sweet

Ping went that direction with their polos a couple years ago, too. I have a few with just the subtle name logo on the sleeve.

If you dont get it right they will let you know. Common sense will guide you. Of course you can check out the club or course website for their rule.
That would be correct, but the % of people that actually exhibit common-sense is dropping exponentially every passing year.....

Back