Golf Bag - Why did you buy your one?

WLG1952

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
4,085
Reaction score
2,693
Location
Boulder City, NV....... for a while
Handicap
13.3
I was using Tour Edge clubs, and the Tour Edge Staff bag had a clearance sale price on it. The privately owned golf shop was going out of business.

Funny thing happened a few years later. I was looking at the TE bag. I noticed that all the TE emblems had been sewn on upside down.

Later on while jokingly talking about the mistake with a TE rep, (demo days) he offered to send me a brand new TE bag free of charge.

I declined his offer, figuring I had something unique.

That was 15 (?) years ago. Other than a failed shoulder strap connector, the TE bag is still on the job. BTW, a new shoulder strap was provided by TE foc.
 

formula8

Well-known member
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Sep 5, 2016
Messages
1,644
Reaction score
481
Location
Palatine, IL
Handicap
10
Under Armour Matchplay. It's made by Sun Mountain so its essentially a UA branded SM bag. It's been awesome to carry. Mrs. Formula8 knew I wanted a new bag and surprised me with this one, and I'm happy with her choice. She picked it because it was expensive so she figured it was good, and she knew Jordan Spieth was sponsored by UA. Sometimes it's just that easy lol.
 

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Oct 30, 2010
Messages
13,536
Reaction score
12,202
Location
Arizona
Handicap
GHIN 14.1
I bought my current bag (Sun Mountain C-130) because I'd had two other C-130s before it and I like everything about them - except the fact that they don't stand up well on their own without some kind of support. I like the 14-way divider, love the number of pockets and how they're laid out, have always been impressed with their durability and quality of construction, and like their looks. I ride in a cart 99% of the time and use a push cart the other 1%, so they're perfect for my use case. If I walked/carried, I'd certainly choose a different bag.
 

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
4,784
Reaction score
1,234
Location
Ontario, Canada
Handicap
7.2
I bought my current bag because it was waterproof, a Sun Mountain H2NO because we will play in rain with our shortened season. As a result, we will occasionally get caught in a downpour so you need a bag that will keep everything realitively dry.

Unfortunately it’s not perfect and I will probably upgrade this year to either a Callaway Org 14 or a Ogio. My last 2 Sun Mountain have had some issues so going to try something different. Would love to try a Vessel cart bag but too many $$$$.

Although the SM bag is waterproof it is not really 100% but I really don’t like the minimum number of pockets as well as the zippers they’re very difficult and take two hands to open because of the waterproof thpe construction. I like a magnetic pocket +2 ways zippers with lots of pockets and the Callaway Org 14 fits the bill. I also bought one for my wife for Christmas last year and it’s very nice and has held up very well.
 

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers 2021 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
3,776
Reaction score
2,470
Location
Virginia
Handicap
8.6
I bought a Ogio with my name on it and my rating company that was offered by the rating company exclusive to raters.
 

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Sep 21, 2017
Messages
5,545
Reaction score
2,919
Location
Central Virginia
I bought my Srixon Masters Staff bag at a local pro shop. When I changed to Srixon irons I wanted a bag to match. I am just funny like that. I didn’t really care for the current production stand and cart bags at the time and was looking for a couple year old version that I did like but was having trouble finding one. One of the local courses was struggling to move inventory because they had closed the pro shop due to COVID. I know those guys pretty well and they let me in to look at bags. All they had was the stuff I didn’t like but then they mentioned they had this staff bag and wanted to move it to create some space. I had seen the same bag online for $375-400 and they offered it to me for $200ish. I can’t remember the exact price but it was too good to pass up.
 

lmh3

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2013
Messages
2,388
Reaction score
333
Location
South Jersey
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
I picked up an Ogio Fuse, the main reason was looking to walk more this year, and my other bags are huge. Being able to convert to single strap was nice as well, I prefer that to the double strap. Last was trying to avoid one with OEM logos (I know Ogio is owned by Callaway), since I tend to change club brands from year to year.
 

wubears71

Well-known member
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Jul 23, 2014
Messages
11,075
Reaction score
3,923
Location
Webster Groves, MO
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I bought a SM 3.5 in November. After trying several light carry bags over the years, I’ve gone back to 3.5 because it’s been the best combo of comfort, weight, durability, and storage of the several I’ve had.
 

gatoreric

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
12
Location
High Springs, Florida
Handicap
GHIN 9.1
I bought my current bag (Sun Mountain C-130) because I'd had two other C-130s before it and I like everything about them - except the fact that they don't stand up well on their own without some kind of support. I like the 14-way divider, love the number of pockets and how they're laid out, have always been impressed with their durability and quality of construction, and like their looks. I ride in a cart 99% of the time and use a push cart the other 1%, so they're perfect for my use case. If I walked/carried, I'd certainly choose a different bag.
Still have a c-130s?
 

gatoreric

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
12
Location
High Springs, Florida
Handicap
GHIN 9.1
I don't like all the chatter, so a 14 way or woode system (has chatter but not bad). Sun Mountain has been my goto with the 14way and have the 130S right now and love it. Main reason I went that version is for the range.

I ventured into a Bennington and it was outstanding, but so heavy and still have it. Weight doesn't bother me too much as can hoof it, but prefer the push cart. That one I wasn't carrying anywhere except to the range or cart.
Which c-130s you got?
 

Joshnoble01

Well-known member
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Jul 8, 2019
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
1,985
My bag was an old 49ers cart bag with a single strap. It was heavy and when I started playing again I wanted something that I could carry at least some of the rounds. Then I chose a relatively light bag that had 14 dividers that I thought looked best for the money.
 

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Oct 30, 2010
Messages
13,536
Reaction score
12,202
Location
Arizona
Handicap
GHIN 14.1

gatoreric

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
12
Location
High Springs, Florida
Handicap
GHIN 9.1
Mine's not an 'S' (stand bag) - just the regular C-130.
I missed that. I think I want the c-130s so I can have it sit better when I go to range. I have an older Pioneer and it just likes to fall over. Buddy has a 130s but I can;t find the right color. Options are limited in color.
 

oddjob27

Active member
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
May 1, 2018
Messages
118
Reaction score
96
Location
Mission Viejo, CA
Handicap
16
My carry bag, Sun Mountain 3.5, was because I wanted it to be "brand neutral" and it was on sale for a very good price at the time. Recently, I bought push cart and the Sun Mountain didn't quite fit as well as I wanted it too so I ended up purchasing a cheap cart bag for me to use when I'm walking with the cart. I ended up with the Rock Bottom Golf in-house brand Ray Cook 14-way cart bag. It's function and the extra pockets are nice. Going from a 5-way to a 14-way I feel like it takes a little longer for me but overall not bad. In this case, purpose and price were the main reasons but I am considering buying a nicer cart bag now.
 

scott.french3

Well-known member
Albatross 2021 Club
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
2,097
Reaction score
1,424
Location
Texas
Handicap
5.7
I bought a Titleist StaDry stand bag from my club as I could get custom embroidery with my name and club logo on the bag through the club.
 

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in
Top