Golf Bag - Why did you buy your one?

my carrying days are over and my bag with a stand is too tight for easy club removal when you put it on a pull cart, so I found a nice looking bag for cheap with dividers and am quite happy, it's generic.

I think this is a really good point.

Especially those with bright coloured grips or graphite shafts - as bag rub can really discolour and devalue the club.

I have a MNML bag. I was looking for something that I thought looked good and would be a good carry bag. I love it. It's pretty light and the magnetic pockets, speaker and solar charger are all great. The solar charger doesn't last forever and doesn't recharge itself if it is fully drained, but it's easy to pull it out and plug it in.

Speakers in bag isn't something I've seen in the UK!

Do you play your music loud? Or do you use headphones?

Twas a present. Nice gesture, looks good, but not functional. Really considering a new bag...

What are your requirements? :cool:

See my other post for a referral link or DM me, if cost is a main thing.

Please come back to the chat when you have decided! :D Would love to see if this thread had an effect.

I needed one and it was cheap on amazon, i really like it but want it to break so i can get another. 🤷‍♂️

I feel like that would be the only reason for justifying a new purchase haha!

What are your requirements? :cool:

See my other post for a referral link or DM me, if cost is a main thing.

Please come back to the chat when you have decided! :D Would love to see if this thread had an effect.
Looking for more storage. Not sure what type of divider I want yet. I’m getting a new bag at The Grandaddy in December, so my main limiting factor is my better half and her lack of willingness to financially accept my golf obsession :LOL:

The last bag I bought was an OGIO RTC. I like the 14 way dividers and putter well, it has plenty of storage and is very functional. It's not a walking bag.

Sun Mountain C-130. Simply the best cart bag period. Purchased one last year after my old C-130 finally wore out after six years!

I bought my bag because it had the features I wanted, it was well-reviewed by THPites, I simply loved its appearance, and it was nicely-discounted at the pro shop.

My current golf bag is an Ogio cart and the reason I chose it because I got it free using Callaway rewards points. With that said it had all the features that I wanted as well as being the color scheme that I wanted. One of my favorite things about this bag is that the way it is set up you so you can either be a driver or passenger in a cart and still access what you need. It is probably my favorite bag so far.

I was looking for as light as possible. I bought a Ping Moonlite which is 2.5 lbs and has a waterproof underside so the clubs don't get wet in the mornings when laid on wet grass.

For me weight is the key. I am constantly on the search for a double strapped stand bag at 3 pounds or under. I don't love the current SM 2.5 when I have seen it. I am not that concerned with looks, logos as long as it isn't too garish to my eye.

I have four functional bags, but locally I mainly use my C-130. Bought it because I usually push or ride, and have a lighter bag for carrying if required. I like bags without club manufacturer logos on them usually. Got the C-130 because I trust Sun Mountain's quality, it has more than enough room for all the crap I leave in my cart bag over time, and the cooler pocket is big enough to handle a couple bottles of water on day's when I'm pushing.

When I’m looking for a bag I’m looking for 5 things:

Not made by a club manufacturer
14 (or 15) way top with full length dividers
Cart bag
Putter well
Cooler pocket

My current bag is an Under Armour Storm. I sacrificed a bit on the cooler pocket (it has one, but very small) because I got it for $100 from Costco when they were going for $250 everywhere else.

I can’t see moving away from it any time soon. It’s made by Sun Mountain, so the durability should be good. I don’t change bags unless there’s actually something wrong with the one I have.

My current bag is a Srixon Z-Four golf bag. I got it for a great price and it has the pocket layout that I really like with specific pockets (phone pocket, smaller tee pocket, glove pocket, water bottle holder, scorecard holder). My only gripe is the 4-way top, but I can get over that.

Few reasons. I wanted something I could carry: needs to be light enough but have enough storage where I could take everything I needed but not too much space to where I would carry a lot of things I don't.

Has to look good and have a good divider layout (5 way that works great for me) to minimize tangling along with a usable pocket layout. Finally, I look to the brand that I have because a) they are from near where I grew up and b) I have had nothing but good experiences with them and their products.

Honestly I think the bag is as personal as a pair of shoes or driver.

BagBoy Chiller hybrid stand bag.
I either ride or use my push cart, but I still prefer stand bags.
1. I already had a BagBoy cart so the Top Lok feature makes the bag fit it perfectly
2. It has 14 slots
3. It fits better on carts than regular stand bags
4. It was on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mostly the same reasons I purchased my Datrek Lite Rider Pro, Top Lok, fits carts great and, on sale for $120.99.
Also, no big branding on it.:cool:

Quite simply it matched all my requirements.
1. I wanted a a bag with legs
2. I wanted a bag that was mid size, not a cart bag and not a carry bag
3. I wanted individual club slots.

The Bag Boy Chiller Hybrid met those requirements. It has a cooler spot but I have removed it and use that spot for storage instead.

I had a Sunday bag from back in the day that had limited storage. I went to a big box golf store and compared pretty much every cart, staff, hybrid, and stand bag offered. Because I’ll be riding in a cart all the time, it was important that all the pockets were accessible while the bag is on a cart. That eliminated every style except cart bags. Then I compared the cart bags. At the price point of $250, every available feature I wanted was included. Below that point, features were removed. Bags priced above $250 didn’t give me more benefits I was interested in for the money. I chose the Ping Pioneer because of the way all the features were incorporated.

I just wanted a second hand TaylorMade bag that looked nice and was in decent condition. Got one and I'm very happy with it.

Take a look at the Lynx one I put in the Opening post.

Use the link here for a referral Referral Code Link - Click Me for £10 off. Makes it £49 - think that's really good value.

I used to love the Nike Branding - so I'm sad to hear yours is on the way out. I don't think nike manufacture bags anymore. Also I find the 2nd hand market be really odd, no consistency - like the clubs have a ballpark figure for!

Please do update the chat with what you invest in and why - be great to learn more about this buying process for everyone.

Learnt a lot from the comments already :D

Thanks...that Linx though is a stand bag. Also looks like the handle is taking up space where there's generally an accessible compartment.

What's funny about this thread is all of the hours we pour into finding the right bag and I can't ever recall noticing anything about another player's bag! Lol! Like I say, if my wife put this much effort into a bag to carry her stuff, I'd tease her about it!

4 reasons:
- I wanted black and grey
- Need a stand bag since I walk the course sometimes
- Clean logo with large enough pockets (Ping, TaylorMade and Cobra all qualified for me as clean logos)
- Didn't want to spend more than $150

416I33+4DML.jpg

Mostly the same reasons I purchased my Datrek Lite Rider Pro, Top Lok, fits carts great and, on sale for $120.99.
Also, no big branding on it.:cool:

Yeah, for the foreseeable future I’ll probably stick with either BagBoy or Datrek because of the TopLok feature.

However, OGIO has a new bag with an interesting slot layout. If they also had TopLok I’d probably buy one immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a Caddy Daddy for travel, a cart bag for when I’m compelled to carry too much stuff and I have a Sun Mtn 3.5 and a Cirque stand bags. I use the stand bags 95% of the time. I mainly buy based on price, both sum Mtn bags were $40 ea on Craigslist, cart bag was on sale at golf mart and the travel bag i paid full price for

I have wanted a C130 cart bag for years. A black one with no logo's was on clearance and I bought it.

For stand bags, I had to do some digging and searching and ultimately posting a WTB for an Odyssey stand bag. Odyssey is my favorite brand, and I have a staff bag from them as well, but wanted a stand bag for traveling and trips to the range.

I always carry, so the first thing that gets examined on any bag is the strap system. Right off the bat this eliminates over 50% of the bags I look at.

Next up is weight, followed by top design followed by colour combination.

After much window shopping, picking up and putting on bags, putting them back etc. I am pretty much limited to two brands: Sun Mountain and Vessel.

I just purchased a Vessel which is an absolutely top notch bag, but I'm concerned about the size of the top. I won't know until the season kicks off in a few months, but I know if it doesn't work out I can fall back on a SM bag without hesitation.

Back