Golf bags - individual slots or communal?

I have a four way and love it...except for the grip tangle. That has had me consider a 14 way at times but I get along fine with the communal bag

I always preferred a 14 slot bag. In all honesty I prefer a 15 slot bag because I like having a separate putter well but they are hard to find.

When I changed my irons recently though I got a new bag. I don’t know why but I like my bag to match my iron brand. He issue I ran in to though was I didn’t really like the current production bags Srixon had out but loved a couple older ones I could not find.

Now with that said, I always kind of wanted a staff bag. I just like the look really. While shopping around during COVID, one of the pro shops at a local course was not allowing anyone inside. They were not moving any merchandise and I know both the pros there pretty well. They keep more inventory then most pro shops at courses and really wanted to move some things to make room for new stuff. They had the white and green special edition Masters bag Srixon made sitting there as well as some of the current production bags. I told them them I really didn’t like the current production stuff and they mentioned the staff bag as something they wanted to move to clear out some space. I basically told them to make me buy it. That bag was going for $350-400 online at the time and they sold it to me for the same price as a new cart bag. I couldn’t say no.

I do love the staff bag. Even without 14-15 dividers, I still know where everything is and can get to it easily. I now have room to toss in a ball retriever and other stuff I didn’t have room for before. Lots of pocket storage is nice too.

I walk and carry so their is really no choice. Almost ever lightweight bag has a 4-way top because more ways equals more weight.

@Mark_UK I agree it was a silly decision to stop making stand bags with the Woode top.

There are still some Woode bags out there in the secondary market. I just received my Ogio SpecOps new in the box from the Netherlands.

I did not know there was a 2.5 w/ the 14 dividers. Would it help if I made a video of it? I could go to Golf Galaxy and make a video. If they don't have one, I have no problem ordering one, making a video when it arrives, then returning it to GG after I make the video.
I appreciate the offer. Let me think of a couple of things I would like to confirm and then I'll take you up on it. I'm mostly curious if the overall diameter of the top is smaller as they have to eliminate the weight somewhere. That's part of the problem with my players4 - it's an inch or so smaller in diameter than most other bags which makes things a bit snug.

I've always preferred 14 way dividers, and full length so its easier to pull clubs, so I went with the sun mountain c130

I love having a 14 way bag, but i do like my Cleveland staff bag on occasion

I appreciate the offer. Let me think of a couple of things I would like to confirm and then I'll take you up on it. I'm mostly curious if the overall diameter of the top is smaller as they have to eliminate the weight somewhere. That's part of the problem with my players4 - it's an inch or so smaller in diameter than most other bags which makes things a bit snug.

Let me know, either here or in a PM, and I'll see what I can do. I hope I can remember to take a tape measure with me to Golf Galaxy. If not, I'll compare it to a grip or dozen balls or something.

I'm big on the 14-way, but am considering a 6-way stand bag for the first time, just because they're sold out and I can't find one in 14. I'm sure there are times when it would bug me, but nothing's perfect.

14 slots every single time and it isn't even close. Can't describe the fury of having a bad round and then all the clubs getting tangled up as well :LOL:

My only bag is currently a 7 slot bag, works fine when riding or doing a carry but most of the others I play with have a 14 top bag. It appears to be a larger heavier bag and while I would think it would be great for being on a cart as I carry some of my rounds it's not something that I need to have. I will say this though, when I look for another bag I'll probably look for a 14 top and as long as my lighter bag is still in good shape I'll just swap between them depending on what I'm going to do.

Prefer the 14 but if the bag have a nice design I could be pursued

My bag is a 5 way divider and I like the way the clubs fit in it.
It's a smaller stand bag and travels quite well.

To me 4 is ok...but my two favorite bags (and the ones that get used the most) only have 1 divider and they aren't even full length. Just a piece to keep the woods (and putter) away from the iron and wedge heads in the bottom. I have tried the 14 way and just didn't get a long with it either walking or riding in a cart.

14 way... grips don’t jam up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Datrek bag has 15 full length dividers. I've had 15 full length dividers for the past 20 or so years. I like full length dividers because they keep my graphite shafts in good shape and I like 15 of them because when I'm just goofing off I like to have two drivers with me.

Had a 14 way (silencer) bag that I loved, but switching to the cobra bag (5-way) for the MC. Only played one weekend with the bag and its great. Not sure i'm sold on the 5-way dividers yet. Seems to be my biggest hang up on the bag.

I go both ways. 14 way in my cart bag. 5 way in my carry bag. Both have pros and cons.

14 way and wouldn’t buy a bag without it. Each has their own slot is where my OCD is. Clean, neat and in their own little spot.

Big fan of 14 way with putter well. Easy to keep track of clubs for me.

I prefer 14 way over a 5 or 7 way top. Really loving my Cobra bags though, especially the amazing Morgan Cup bag.99E9504C-2DD7-4B33-B2B1-97ADA90F9909.jpeg

has to have individual, can't stand having them all jammed into a few

I have a Ogio silencer cart bag when I plan to ride, a lighter carry bag when walking, which should be ramping up now that the cooler weather is coming..... finally.

Have never used a 14 slot bag. No rational explanation but doesn't appeal to me. I usually carry so prefer a smaller lightweight bag.

Back