Golf Ball Compression Ratings

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been doing some research over the last couple days about golf ball compression. I have ~95 MPH swing Speed, and therefore I have determined that a good ball for me would have a compression rating around 90-95. Could anyone post up a link that maybe has a table/chart/list of balls compression ratings? Or recommend a ball that you know is in the 90 range? Thanks!

I currently play: Nike One Tour, Callaway tour i, and Bridgestone e6 balls.

I have been doing some research over the last couple days about golf ball compression. I have ~95 MPH swing Speed, and therefore I have determined that a good ball for me would have a compression rating around 90-95. Could anyone post up a link that maybe has a table/chart/list of balls compression ratings? Or recommend a ball that you know is in the 90 range? Thanks!

Zstar buddy, its great

I too would like to see a chart listing compression ratings for today's golf balls. It used to be 80 for women/seniors, 90 for the average player and 100 for strong players and professionals.

golfballtest.org lists them all!

golfballtest.org lists them all!

Thanks for the tip but the balls they show on their testing (that I found) are 3,4 and 5 years old. They do not seem to have current compression on todays ball.

Thanks for the tip but the balls they show on their testing (that I found) are 3,4 and 5 years old. They do not seem to have current compression on todays ball.

its showing allot newer than that, 09, 2010 balls as well

I can tell you that when I did my Bridgestone ball fitting they told me that my swing speed wasn't high enough to compress the Nike One Tour D. My swing speed was 102. I think the e6 has a compression of 55 from what the Bridgestone rep told me. I like the e6, but the RX was what I was fitted for, and the numbers showed why. They guy at northway 8 told me they are going to have the bstone people back around fathers day, so keep your eye out for that.

I can tell you that when I did my Bridgestone ball fitting they told me that my swing speed wasn't high enough to compress the Nike One Tour D. My swing speed was 102. I think the e6 has a compression of 55 from what the Bridgestone rep told me. I like the e6, but the RX was what I was fitted for, and the numbers showed why. They guy at northway 8 told me they are going to have the bstone people back around fathers day, so keep your eye out for that.

Odd, as I just did a ball fitting at GG and the Nike One Tour D was the 4th recommended ball, my swing speed is 105pmh.

To add I just did the Bridgestone fitting last weekend at our club and they recommended the 330-S over the Nike for what its worth.

I would recommend the Bridgestone B330-RXS, or maybe the Srixon Z-Star if you're a low handicap

Back