Golf Ball idiosyncrasies

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
Do you have any idiosyncrasies with your golf ball?

For some reason I hate black numbers. No idea why but I prefer the look of a red number.

I play my sleeves of balls in numerical order. Every time I begin with a new dozen, I’ll start with the #1. And if I’m purchasing a sleeve of balls, they will be # 1.

my only idiosyncrasy is every ball is destined to lie in deep rough, untouched for days at a time...possibly months.

None for me

Used to not be a big fan of red numbers but I had to get over that. My two favorite balls this year, Tour B RX and Chrome Soft X, both have red numbers. Now I don't care

Not sure if it’s considered an idiosyncrasy, however I never use the ball’s alignment mark when I putt, but I always use it on the tee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put my mark on them and put them back in the box (if they're not going directly into my bag) as soon as I get them.

I use the alignment line when I tee the ball, but the text in the alignment line has to be right-side up facing toward me.

I can't stand the look of the Titleist script logo. I couldn't play a Titleist ball just because I hate the logo so much.

Apparently I hate when they fly straight, so I immediately discard them off into the woods on the following hole.

When buying prov1s I buy the high numbers.
Not sure if it’s that odd or abnormal but you don't see very many in play imo.
Lucky 7s
Crazy 8s
I love those high numbers.
I save the 7s and 8s for tournaments. 5&6 are for normal play.

Any time I buy a personalized ball it will have the number 67 on it.

I use the number 3 balls last and the #4 balls first

I just put my mark on them, and put them in the ball compartment of my bag. When I need one, I just grab one.

I do prefer yellow balls over any other color, but it's not a big deal.

If I keep a new ball in my left pocket I’m about ten times less likely not to loose the non-nee ball I’m hitting.

I use the even numbered balls for casual rounds and the odd numbered balls for more serious rounds.

I won't mark and use a complete sleeve. Instead, I'll remove and mark one ball from each sleeve, or a couple/few, needs determined. If I hafta restock the satchel, 2 from each.

Point being, I try to have a fairly equal number of the same numbered balls in my bag.

I prefer colors over white one's but can play whatever.

I guess the only thing I can think of is that the spare ball I keep in my pocket (in case I need it as a provisional) is a different number from the ball I am playing so that it is easily identified

I don't know if you'd call this an idiosyncrasy or not. But when I tee up the ball I orient the ball so I'm seeing the white cover without any markings. It reminds me not to get ball bound by removing anything 'interesting' I might find on the ball.

When I tee it up, the logo of the ball has to be facing up and has to be in the right direction (not upside down). If I have marked a putting line, that line has to be facing out towards the hole, not on the side where my clubface will contact it.

Back