Golf Ball Shortages...

Last time I purchased any was the 5 dozen Vice I ordered about 6 weeks ago. No problems there.

Not at the GOAT cup

No issues here at my PGA Superstore…unless something happened over the last week.

Plenty up here in Aberdeen, provided you don't want anything other than Pro V1 or Z Star

Was at GG last week and they were out of CSX but some other stores in the area had some but always seems to be the least stocked of the CS family around here.

I buy e6 golf balls at Walmart for around $23 a dozen. They always seem to have them on the shelf, along with other brands.

Only difference I've seen is their golf equipment display area has become smaller. They still display the same items, just fewer of each.

We just returned from a 7 state road trip. We visited a few Walmarts along the way for supplies. I always check out their sporting goods areas. All were stocked about the same.
I don't buy balls from Wal-Mart, as they always seem to have last years version of some models, and not current offerings. Dicks is my go-to for balls, playing their house brands..and last time I checked online, my current playing model(TopFlite Hammer Control yellow) was nowhere to be found in the Chicago area...

My local Walmart has a shortage. That's nothing new to them though. That store doesn't seem to ever have a full inventory of golf balls, and hasn't for since before Covid. Same thing can be said of the ammunition section; it's been nearly empty for years and years now.

And, apparently oil filters too. At least the one I need for my car that isn't FRAM.🤷‍♂️ Supply chain issues. Blame it on Covid. Everyone else does.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Was at GG last week and they were out of CSX but some other stores in the area had some but always seems to be the least stocked of the CS family around here.
I find it amazing how you can find 2022 Callaway Balls in the stores however some are not available on their site.
All of the CSX are available on the Callaway site however only 1 of 5 Truvis Versions are. 😲

Wife & I lost 4 and found 8 on Saturday... no shortage for us... ;)

I have not bought any this year. Nor have I played a new ball all year... even playing below average for me, I'm not losing many...

Only b & m store I've been in all year that sells golf balls would be Walmart and I really didn't check the shelves. Pro shop at home course has a decent selection.

Honestly, i rarely get to a store so, i'm not up to speed on stock status these days. I picked up 6 dz balls (online) this past winter and probably have 3 dozen still on the shelf. I'm guessing that'll be plenty to get me through this season and start next year. Given the supply chain issues i've seen in my business, i wouldn't be surprised if there were some manufacturers with brief out of stock situations here and there.

While we may not find our favorites on the shelf, at all times, there should be plenty of options available.
Never better a time to have 2 or 3 different brands of balls on your list of gamers.

I don't buy balls from Wal-Mart, as they always seem to have last years version of some models, and not current offerings. Dicks is my go-to for balls, playing their house brands..and last time I checked online, my current playing model(TopFlite Hammer Control yellow) was nowhere to be found in the Chicago area...
I have not seen this myself. The balls I buy play the same from sleeve to sleeve.

Nothing against Dicks, but they are higher priced, and a much longer drive for me.

I haven't noticed any locally here in MA but was well stocked before the season started. I haven't noticed a shortage in the woods either, plenty in there of various brands and models :)

I have not had any issue buying i just can’t get the yellow CSXLS. Plenty of stock in everything else I want.
I've heard the yellow are REALLY hard to come by in a lot of models right now.

I picked up some CSXLS yesterday at the local DSG and noticed that they didn't have any ProV1 or ProV1x. Lots of Titleist balls and the stock was rearranged so there were no empty spaces, but no ProV1s of any sort.

I've heard the yellow are REALLY hard to come by in a lot of models right now.

Must be i keep looking but not seeing any. Hopefully that changes soon.

I haven't seen anything that pointed at any issues, but I haven't looked that much to be honest. I did buy a dozen balls last time I was at a course, and it seemed like they had plenty.

Was at GG last night, definitely less balls than usual, but nothing alarming. What was noticeable was less product in the store in general. I am not sure if it is a shortage or a strategy to sell down their product and more of a financial issue.

My local Walmart has a shortage. That's nothing new to them though. That store doesn't seem to ever have a full inventory of golf balls, and hasn't for since before Covid. Same thing can be said of the ammunition section; it's been nearly empty for years and years now.

And, apparently oil filters too. At least the one I need for my car that isn't FRAM.🤷‍♂️ Supply chain issues. Blame it on Covid. Everyone else does.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
A lot of WalMarts do not sell ammo at all. Took it out of a lot of stores years ago, with the shootings and all. Like I said in another post, they don't exactly carry the latest model golf balls. You might find last years model, and all the low price distance balls, the one's you never see at PGA, or Dick's. Yellow balls seem to be a problem finding, even at the big box stores. I play a TopFlite ball in yellow, and nothing in the Chicago area Dick's stores last time I checked on the internet. My WalMart seems to keep up on the oil filters. I never buy Fram(the worst), but they keep a good inventory of OEM filters, and as of late, stocking Hyundai filters, though only 4-5 of a particular # of each. Just bought a Mopar filter for the wife's Dodge Journey. I use the Supertech motor oil in all my cars, and have for the last 20+ years. Using the synthetic oils now, as most cars require that now. Seems to be hit and miss with some of the weight's, and I often have to buy Valvoline, for a couple dollars more. Supply chain issues, Covid, people hoarding that don't care about anybody else, nobody wants to work, so a shortage of manpower to do this kind of work. All of the above, and any other excuse, or reason things aren't what they should be.

Back