Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
I mentioned in another thread that I'm unhappy with the lack of stopping action on the greens with the 7 iron through the PW using a Callaway Supersoft ball. As was mentioned in the other thread, the ball was the main reason for the lack of hit, hop and stop. I've bought 6 sleeves of balls that were recommended and yesterday I play the 2020 Chrome Soft X ball. I've never liked the hard impact feel of the X versions of balls, but gave it a go. I experienced very good hit, hop and stop with the ball.. Still a hard impact feel but it worked on the greens.

Monday will be the 2020 Chrome Soft, Wednesday will play the Srixon Z Star ball and Friday the W/S Duo Pro.

Driver swing speed is 85-88 mph and 7 iron SS is 65. Carry the driver 210-225 yds and 7 iron carry is 130-135.

It'll be interesting to see what your results are. I've been playing the Srixon Q Star Tour vs my usual Supersofts lately.

+1 for the Q star tour.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am surprised you got good results with the CSx with swing speeds in that range. Congrats!

My specs are close to yours and I have a obsession with the QST! 😎

where did you find the csx20?

Will add a sleeve of Srixon QS Tour.

Most of the balls mentioned in this post are not urethane covered balls. I personally feel that most people skimp too much on golf balls when it is a small portion the seasons expenses. Usually someone can get through the golf season with four or five dozen golf balls easily.

Most of the balls mentioned in this post are not urethane covered balls. I personally feel that most people skimp too much on golf balls when it is a small portion the seasons expenses. Usually someone can get through the golf season with four or five dozen golf balls easily.
Am I missing something? Which of the balls mentioned are not urethane covers?

Last edited:
I'm testing these balls;
2020 Chrome Soft & CS TT. Same ball so should be same results.
Srixon Soft Feel
Srixon Z Star
2020 Bridgestone B RXS
Wilson Staff Duo Pro
Just added Cut Gray

Golf now is a constant battle between q star tour n rxs... Both are great options...

I'm a big fan of the Srixon Q-Star Tour! At your swing speed, you might want to take a look at TaylorMade Tour Response or W/S Duo Soft+.

I'm a big fan of the Srixon Q-Star Tour! At your swing speed, you might want to take a look at TaylorMade Tour Response or W/S Duo Soft+.
I've played both, liked them especially the TM Tour Response. I know the greenside response with both balls but want to try all balls before a decision is made.

Those are all really good ball options. Its more just a matter of trying them all and seeing what you like. Nowdays there really arent any bad golf balls.

Interested to see how you like the RXS. I have played it and think it is a very good ball and should play frine with your swing speeds. To me, the 2020 version of the RXS is leaps and bounds better than all previous iterations of that model.

I'm interested in the results of your golf ball test!

Really curious what you end up with when looking at your test group.

I'm kinda feeling the Z star or RXS.

Bridgestone tour b rxs

Really curious what you end up with when looking at your test group.

I'm kinda feeling the Z star or RXS.
Don't know why but i'm thinking the same thing. :unsure:

Played the new 2020 Chrome Soft TT. If I didn't have a a number of sleeves left to test I'd stop right now. This is an OUTSTANDING golf ball for my swing speeds. I consistently hit the driver 8 - 12 yards farther today than the Supersoft, the former gamer ball. The new chrome soft feels sweet off all clubs in the bag. 8 thru PW and the 48*, 52* & 56 full face wedge was a great impact feel and hit, hop & stop.

Great ball. :twist:

I mentioned in another thread that I'm unhappy with the lack of stopping action on the greens with the 7 iron through the PW using a Callaway Supersoft ball. As was mentioned in the other thread, the ball was the main reason for the lack of hit, hop and stop. I've bought 6 sleeves of balls that were recommended and yesterday I play the 2020 Chrome Soft X ball. I've never liked the hard impact feel of the X versions of balls, but gave it a go. I experienced very good hit, hop and stop with the ball.. Still a hard impact feel but it worked on the greens.

Monday will be the 2020 Chrome Soft, Wednesday will play the Srixon Z Star ball and Friday the W/S Duo Pro.

Driver swing speed is 85-88 mph and 7 iron SS is 65. Carry the driver 210-225 yds and 7 iron carry is 130-135.
You’ll like that Z Star.

OP, great thread! Look forward to your thoughts!

I am surprised you got good results with the CSx with swing speeds in that range. Congrats!
Why are you surprised?

Back