Golf cart use - did you modify as a single rider?

Part of it is I never played as a single before Convid. I only started playing at the end of 2019 any form that would be considered serious. prior to that was 6 times a summer with friends when we wanted to hack it up and drink some beers and a couple scrambles a year with work. Anytime I played as a 3-some with someone else as a single they either let us take a 3rd cart or the person walked.

I realized that post convid as I got hooked that I would either play twice a month when when I could get one of my local friends or my dad and brother to play. Or I could play as a single and learn to meet strangers. I'm sure when courses start making you share I will adjust. Currently I only have one good friend locally that plays. The rest of my good friends fall somewhere between play 3 times a year to they hate golf. They actually have started asking why I don't ever try to get them to play.
That's awesome that you decided to start heading out as a single so you'd get to play! Even if you're not riding with them I think it can be great for your game. If you get used to playing with or in front of strangers it can definitely give you a leg up over guys that only play in their comfortable group all the time. And you get to maybe meet new golf friends. Going out as a single is one of my favorite things.

That's awesome that you decided to start heading out as a single so you'd get to play! Even if you're not riding with them I think it can be great for your game. If you get used to playing with or in front of strangers it can definitely give you a leg up over guys that only play in their comfortable group all the time. And you get to maybe meet new golf friends. Going out as a single is one of my favorite things.
Yeah. I was starting to play more at the end of 2019 and just texting any potential person I knew that might want to play. When we got shut down here I realized I was missing it a ton.

As soon as we opened back up I had a tee time booked with my brother and dad. They both canceled last minute and I just said F it and played. I loved it and just kept booking then. I almost like playing as a single more now. If I am playing with 3 people sometimes that feels like a 4th wheel. But if it is 2 people or another single or a twosome and another single I find that it is a lot of fun. Have found a couple of semi-regular golfing buddies now. And I definitely play better when I am playing with good golfers. My worst rounds are when I am the best player. If I am shooting with single handicaps I always play better.

The bold really is true. I often tend to nut up a little bit and play worse with strangers than I do amongst my own group that I'm comfortable with.

I'm going a step in that direction right now - a lot of our members who are snowbirds have arrived for the winter, and today we had 13 golfers instead of our usual 3 to 5. Everybody kinda has their normal "cliques" they play with, and while I know most of them I've never golfed with some of them. We drew for our foursomes today and I was paired with guys who I've played with less often than my usual group. We're going to continue doing random draws all winter whenever enough guys show up for multiple foursomes, so it looks like I'll be exposed more to playing outside my comfort zone.

I have a buddy who puts all kinds of crap on the golf cart.
Personally, I only have an extra ball, tees, and a drink. I put the range finder on my belt so that I will always have it handy.

I don't understand people who has all kinds of crap on the cart. Do you really need those? NVM
Yep.

Rangefinder in left front cubby
Cigar lighter in 1 cupholder
Cigar clip/cigar on steering column
Drink in other cupholder (there are 2 per side)
Cell phone in left or center cubby for my music
Extra ball in ball holder in center
If the cart doesn't have speakers, my bluetooth speaker goes in one cupholder and my cigar lighter moves to the center ball holder

Same here! We have our small coolers. I have a sandwich, peanut butter crackers, sweet and salty nut bars, and a couple of bottles of water in them. I have some towels, and maybe an umbrella depending on weather. If we play one particular course that has no beer license, and I want beer during or after the round, I have to bring it! If it's early season and still kind of cold out, I'll have a thermos of coffee and travel mug! I once joked to my golf buddy that playing a round of golf has become a lot like going on a camping trip!

Back