Golf cart use - did you modify as a single rider?

orchard53

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a cart bag, but since it's only a single person in each cart I just use both sides for all my stuff - tees, balls, drinks, range finder snacks.
Before I'd only put the bare necessities up front, but seems I expanded to use all space available. I don't use bag for anything but club storage now. What about you?

I definitely took over the cup holders for loose things, but that's all I can really think of. I Ieave a phone playing music/Cubs game up front somewhere a little more often probably.

I did have to actually buy my own range finder too. That was annoying. I used to be just gps and let the laser rider handle that business. So that is magneted to a rail somewhere usually. I don't know. Not a lot. I still ride with my wife every week so she needs her space too.

Let’s hope it isn’t that way forever as costs will surely follow. I haven’t rode as a single since Ebola/‘rona/black death times.

I’d not plan on it being permanent permanent so I’d for sure get used to having half of the Cart again. One course I played this year actually had a plastic divider you could pull down to separate the driver and passenger. Since I didn’t realize it until about hole 15 we decided we were either already f’ed or going to be fine. Right @Hamfist ?

I’ve been fine ever since but I’m pretty sure that other guy might have croaked?

I walked and pushed a cart for 99% of my rounds this year. For the few where I rode, we shared carts and it was business as usual.

I use what's available, and needed

There's been a few times when I was just practicing, and had my trolley, that i wound up playing. I'd fold up my Clicgear and set it on the seat next to me.

I don’t believe I used a cart as a single all year as I usually walk with push cart but just stick to using cup holders so stuff not sliding all over place.

I don’t have a lot of extras and my Rangefinder stays in the case so it doesn’t really change for me either way.

I definitely took over all the extra cup holder space. Water, Gatorade, range finder, balls, tees, sun block all out of the bag and in the cart now.

I pretty much rolled with my usual amount of stuff. I used one extra cup holder. Thats about it

I honestly don't think I have ever ridden with a stranger as a single even pre-convid. If I am planning on riding and they won't let me take a cart I always just walk. So my routine hasn't changed.

I’m often a single rider, as the guys I usually play with have their own carts. I have a layout that I’m used to that only takes up my side of the cart and I stick to it when I’m solo because I know right where I put everything. Makes everything easier to find, and makes it less likely that I’ll forget anything in the cart at the end of the round! 😆

I guess the only difference is that when I’m solo I put my trash in the passenger’s side cubby and cup holders until we get to a trash can.

The only thing I did different as a single rider was use the passenger side strap to secure my bag on the driver side.
For some reason my bag always likes to scoot over at an angle if there's not another bag to stop it from doing that. Using the passenger side strap into the driver side buckle stopped that from happening

I honestly don't think I have ever ridden with a stranger as a single even pre-convid. If I am planning on riding and they won't let me take a cart I always just walk. So my routine hasn't changed.
That's crazy. I've played a bunch of places where they make you take a cart, and don't let you take one on your own. Obviously before covid, and I wonder what some of those courses are doing now, but it really tests the whole do you drive/ride when it's a total stranger.

I didn't notice too much difference this past year. Just a drink and rangefinder up front anyway.

This year, however, I just got a Zip Navigator caddy so now I'm shopping for the biggest cart bag I can afford to strap to it! I'm bringin' along 4 dozen balls, 10 gloves, a case of water, sandwiches, all the clothing I might need, umbrella, ball retriever, shoes....I'll think of more~

I used all the compartments and cup holders after I sanitized them once more as a comfort thing. No real change to me as everything I need is in one of those compartments during the round except for extra drinks stored in the cooler pocket of my bag.

When it’s back to two a part I’llput everything in my modcase and transfer it from bag to cart since it’s a simple 3 clip process. Favorite part of my golf bag!

i'll use whatever is available and make it work if i'm riding solo or sharing. covid restrictions/modifications didn't change anything for me as far as that goes.

That's crazy. I've played a bunch of places where they make you take a cart, and don't let you take one on your own. Obviously before covid, and I wonder what some of those courses are doing now, but it really tests the whole do you drive/ride when it's a total stranger.
I don't ever play with total strangers - the only possible scenario I could see that happening would be if my wife and I traveled somewhere and I went solo to play a resort course (she doesn't golf), in which case I'd just deal with it because it's a special occasion. If I'm golfing any local/semi-local course it's always with at least one of my regular group (if not more), and I don't mind sharing the cart with them.

Hadn't really thought about it, but yes I do tend to spread out a bit if I'm solo.

i Definitely took advantage of the extra space. But it was annoying if cart path only as a single rider!

I started walking more, but when I've had a solo cart I really didn't change things very much.

I'd be worried about putting anything other than trash on the passenger side and forgetting about it after the round, so I don't push it.

I have a buddy who puts all kinds of crap on the golf cart.
Personally, I only have an extra ball, tees, and a drink. I put the range finder on my belt so that I will always have it handy.

I don't understand people who has all kinds of crap on the cart. Do you really need those? NVM

I have a buddy who puts all kinds of crap on the golf cart.
Personally, I only have an extra ball, tees, and a drink. I put the range finder on my belt so that I will always have it handy.

I don't understand people who has all kinds of crap on the cart. Do you really need those? NVM
Yep.

Rangefinder in left front cubby
Cigar lighter in 1 cupholder
Cigar clip/cigar on steering column
Drink in other cupholder (there are 2 per side)
Cell phone in left or center cubby for my music
Extra ball in ball holder in center
If the cart doesn't have speakers, my bluetooth speaker goes in one cupholder and my cigar lighter moves to the center ball holder

Part of it is I never played as a single before Convid. I only started playing at the end of 2019 any form that would be considered serious. prior to that was 6 times a summer with friends when we wanted to hack it up and drink some beers and a couple scrambles a year with work. Anytime I played as a 3-some with someone else as a single they either let us take a 3rd cart or the person walked.

I realized that post convid as I got hooked that I would either play twice a month when when I could get one of my local friends or my dad and brother to play. Or I could play as a single and learn to meet strangers. I'm sure when courses start making you share I will adjust. Currently I only have one good friend locally that plays. The rest of my good friends fall somewhere between play 3 times a year to they hate golf. They actually have started asking why I don't ever try to get them to play.

Back