Golf Carts: Driver or Riding Shotgun?

I NEVER drive. Much rather someone chauffeur me around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk as much as I can so I have no problem being the passenger and grabbing a couple clubs and meeting you at the green. I was happy to drive yesterday though since I knew the course and my partner had never been there before.

If pressed I guess I prefer to drive but really it doesn't matter as long as the other person is a decent driver.

I prefer to drive because I know to do the "little" things...put the cart where it will interfere with neither vision nor swing, park on far side of green to exit correctly, get the cart moving as soon as the other guy(s) have hit their shot...my scramble partner can currently only putt due to skiing accident and so he drove to give him something to do between the greens. If I were not already insane it would have driven me there. Indirect routes to the ball, parking where the cart will have to be moved to take a shot, stopping short side of green, driving on fairways on par 3 despite the signs that say "cart path only all par 3s". I like him a lot as a person but as a cart driver...no. Just no.

I prefer to ride because I'm on golf pad a lot, keeping my score with it and tracking my shots.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I am not seeing the relevance? I love golfpad...and tracking my shot takes about zero time. I usually have my shot marked when my partner(s) are taking their turns and the rare times I cannot, when we pull up to the ball I mark it as I am pulling my club.

I would always prefer to drive. I just don't seem to agree with the path to the ball some take. If you cannot find your ball and want to drive back and forth to look for it, wastingly time. YOU should know where your ball is within a few feet, stop the cart, find it....control issues? hell yes

Usually appreciate riding since I drive & travel a fair amount with work but depends on who I am playing with. There is one guy who can't help but drive the cart up close to my ball (but somehow never his ball). Have to ask him to move the cart constantly or just deal with the distraction. Anymore I just make sure I go get the cart and take the driver seat.

I much prefer Shotgun, because I like to walk parts of it and I could care less if I drive or not.

Seems like I end up driving 90% of the time. Most of my usual golfers are good enough with the cart that I could really care less. Given a choice with someone I don't know, I'd rather drive though so I can make sure we're moving at an appropriate pace. Riding is great for socializing, but I'm a big fan of ready golf, so there's a bunch of 'grab what you need, I'll come back to pick you up after I hit' or vice versa.

I much prefer to drive. I'm a control freak. Other people driving usually makes me nervous.

Of course, this past weekend, I was paired iwht an older gentleman. He was very nice, but he drove. Like an older gentleman. And was constantly making dad noises. And as we were driving past our balls, I would say "there they are" to which he replied "yeah I knew that"

Long round.

I rarely ride since I prefer to walk when possible but I have to use a cart I normally ride shotgun. Being on the course in a cart is the only time I get the chance to be a passenger.

I usually ride, doesn't bother me either way.

Never really gave it much thought, but I usually end up driving now that I think about it.

I'd rather ride. Gives me a chance to enjoy the course and fiddle with Arccos.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I like to drive as I like to drop the other player off at their ball with their weapon of choice and then head right to my ball.
I see too many carts sitting and waiting for a player to hit and then head over to the other ball.

When I play my home club I really have no choice since I own my cart. But, I play a fair amount of golf all over and whenever I get the chance I prefer riding shotgun. I also play in 2 tournament leagues and while I prefer riding shotgun in them, I also know there are some people in those leagues that I do not want driving. I see the pairings and make sure I get there early enough to be the driver.

I prefer to walk with a Bag Boy Quad, and usually do.

When I ride, I'm ambivalent as to whether I ride or drive.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I don’t care either way. I usually end up driving because I generally have more experience at the courses I go to then those I’m meeting, and I generally get there first to warm up properly.

The normal routine is to drive. I have no issues riding, but if given a choice I'll drive every time.

My golfing buddies won’t let me drive...I have to much fun when I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drive. I hate to ride shotgun.

I usually end up driving. I like to drive when we travel via car, so I just like to be in control I guess. I don't mind parking then getting in a little jog to the green either on the holes.

On the occasions I take a cart, i prefer to be a passenger so I can get in some walking.

Ride all the time. Driver or passenger it doesnt matter. Unfortunately my knee and back dont let me do the walking I wish I could. I would like to try with a powered push cart though, that might provide enough relief for me to get around. I sure do miss walking the course.

I mostly don't care which. When i golf with the wife she drives because it gives her something fun to do if she isn't playing well. With others its usually alternates a lot. Last one to tee off rides more often I guess, and then however it's convenient. You tend to mark your own ball better, so if you're short (especially in trouble), you usually drive to yours, get out and play, ride to the next guy's ball, etc.

Back