Golf Channel Shutdown?

Jrt13

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Heard on PGA radio this morning Golf channel will be shut down. Anyone heartbroken?

I’ll miss having it as my fallback when nothing else is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can't stand espn so i go to the sub channels for sports ie mlb channel, nfl channel and golf channel. now i guess i will just stick with pga.com for my info. and of course THP site

I don't have it on all the time, but will use it as a fall back when there isn't anything else on (which unfortunately happens too often :()

it is not too surprising to hear though.

I am very bummed that The Golf Channel will be shut down. I don't have it on nonstop but I do watch it regularly.

It was one of the channels I never got in my cable package so no loss really for me but I can see where it would be missed.

As long as I can get the coverage of the tournament in much the same capacity then I don't think I will miss it. I have been watching less and less of the programing over the past year or so already.

Well that blows. It was the only real option for the LPGA and college tournaments.

Is the rumor really true? Will it be shut down? When? End of 2020? Where will early round coverage be shown? Gotta have it somewhere.

I thought they were just moving the operations from Florida to Connecticut.

Well that blows. It was the only real option for the LPGA and college tournaments.
THIS right here. They had great content on besides normal Mens PGA tour stuff. I mean it created the Big Break which was so fun to watch. Does anyone know when they are shutting it down?

damn i hope this isn't true.

Oh so what I am reading is they are closing their Orlando studio and moving all operations to Connecticut, the golfing capital of the world.

So the rumor (cause I can't seem to find any written articles on it to confirm it) is that Comcast/Universal are basically consolidating stuff. They'll dismantle the golf channel website and kill the channel, and then golf will just be broadcast on their NBC Sports Network station. What that will consist of is a question mark, same thing with if shows like Morning Drive, Live From (X tournament) will exist, but that's what they said on XM this morning.

Oh so what I am reading is they are closing their Orlando studio and moving all operations to Connecticut, the golfing capital of the world.

Yes, that's what was announced earlier in the year. They were moving from Orlando to Stamford CT where NBC sports is located.

I heard there were changes coming, but I didn't think it was going away completely. Would really suck if it did. I'm sure we'd still get most of our PGA Tour coverage elsewhere, but other than first round early coverage, that isn't very high on the list of reasons I watch it. LPGA alone would be a tragic viewing loss.

I've been scouring the trades this morning, and there is no news of this. All I know is that they were moving from FL to CT, and they laid off a lot of people.

I have never watched any of their original programming, but I would be somewhat lost without the live coverage. Hopefully NBC doesn’t start showing EPL games over golf!

I had thought they were shutting down the Golf Channel web site. Channel to go in.

Oh you and I share a love of this LPGA thing?

There is nothing to not love about the LPGA. Unless you can’t find a good Imp Stout on course, than it’s just ok.

I've been scouring the trades this morning, and there is no news of this. All I know is that they were moving from FL to CT, and they laid off a lot of people.

Curious if you know why a golf company would move their operations from FL to CT? That seems like a strange move to me. This isn't the 1980s so proximity to the big advertising agencies in NYC isn't required.

Curious if you know why a golf company would move their operations from FL to CT? That seems like a strange move to me. This isn't the 1980s so proximity to the big advertising agencies in NYC isn't required.

Look at the parent company. All about consolidation.

Back