mow300

Reaction score
Handicap
Since when does Golf Channel televise Premier League soccer when there is live PGA Tour golf being played!

Comcast is evil and they want to kill golf and interest in golf for a variety of reasons. Mostly real estate.
I cringe for any course which has adopted their booking platform.

And, that folks, I just noticed, was post #666 for me. Nice knowing you!

Since when does Golf Channel televise Premier League soccer when there is live PGA Tour golf being played!
I saw that and wondered if it was a programming mistake on the TV Guide. Nope, the Golf Channel is really showing soccer. :unsure:

I hope Golf Channel isn't trending in the direction of MTV, VH1, etc. - their original programming was music videos, now it's all inane, trashy programs and no music videos to be seen.

I hate soccer! I will only watch golf on The Golf Channel.

I saw that and wondered if it was a programming mistake on the TV Guide. Nope, the Golf Channel is really showing soccer. :unsure:

I hope Golf Channel isn't trending in the direction of MTV, VH1, etc. - their original programming was music videos, now it's all inane, trashy programs and no music videos to be seen.
Cancelled cable many years ago. Used to only subscribe for golf channel by the end, and it all got so bad, that was it. No more. (n)
Can't remember how many times they played "Bagger Vance" incessantly back then... :ROFLMAO:

"Soccer Golf" on the city courses is so wrong. So wrong. (n)
Golf is under attack and has been for a loooong time.
Latest golf course to be developed here is/was "largest undeveloped parcel of land in the county." And it was a small, land-locked course. The rest of the courses in the area are a scant breath away from the same fate should they so choose.
They want nothing else than to spread development onto all the golf course land. SO much $$$ hangs in the balance.
If you think one of the largest Corps in the world isn't a major real estate holder.... ;)

They have never been contracted to carry morning PGA coverage as far as I know. Mornings contrasctually belong to PGA Tour Live for online streaming. GC gets the early afternoon and the major networks get the 3-6 window. If they weren't airting the Premier League today, they would probably be doing a replay of a year old LPGA event or more talk like Morning Drive.

As far as Soccer goes, NBC has exclusive rights to the Premier League and it is the last day of the season where all games are played at the same time. They are airing as many games as possible.

...If they weren't airting the Premier League today, they would probably be doing a replay of a year old LPGA event or more talk like Morning Drive...
I’d watch either of those before I’d watch soccer. :ROFLMAO:

I’d watch either of those before I’d watch soccer. :ROFLMAO:
At least now they have some European Tour events to break up weekends but the British Masters ended yesterday.

Every year on premier league Championship Sunday. Nearly every NBC owned channel showed soccer this morning, Golf Channel, USA Network, CNBC etc

Have tried watching it with the lack of sports that have been on the tv, and just cannot get into it.
Maybe its like Hockey and more fun in person?

Have tried watching it with the lack of sports that have been on the tv, and just cannot get into it.
Maybe its like Hockey and more fun in person?
I got into it when I went on a UK vacation in 2013. I still don't understand all of the rules but it is a very strategic game. I'm now a season ticket holder for our team here in Columbus as well as a partial season ticket holder for the Blue Jackets as well. It is slower than hockey. Setting up scoring in soccer almost seems like moving chess pieces around the board to set up scoring opportunities. What drives me crazy about soccer is that goalies hardly ever seem to have to make many saves. Stopping a penalty kick is just pure luck and are virtually automatic goals and they can regularly win a game by making 5 saves or less.

I got into it when I went on a UK vacation in 2013. I still don't understand all of the rules but it is a very strategic game. I'm now a season ticket holder for our team here in Columbus as well as a partial season ticket holder for the Blue Jackets as well. It is slower than hockey. Setting up scoring in soccer almost seems like moving chess pieces around the board to set up scoring opportunities. What drives me crazy about soccer is that goalies hardly ever seem to have to make many saves. Stopping a penalty kick is just pure luck and are virtually automatic goals and they can regularly win a game by making 5 saves or less.
As a card-carrying member of the International Keepers Union, I resent this statement! :greenalien:

but in reality, the goalie is essentially the babysitter for 10 children who don't listen to directions and constantly break down defensively, allowing shots on a 24x8ft net which I am then expected to stop. Remember the low-scoring nature of soccer means every goal is that much more important.

I don’t mind EPL, this year was great with Liverpool.... I just watch gold on NBC Sports Gold on my computer while having the tv on golf channel/ EPL in the mornings

Enjoying Golf Channel tonight. Fitting that it is covering the life and career of Arnold Palmer

Enjoying Golf Channel tonight. Fitting that it is covering the life and career of Arnold Palmer
I’m watching it right now too. Great story.

Interesting to see Arnie’s putting stroke back then. Talk about wristy!

Last edited:
I’m watching it right now too. Great story.

Interesting to see Arnie’s putting stroke back then. Talk about wristy!

Absolutely agree. Things have changed so much and the character of that man is incredibly rare and timeless

Back