Topwater333

Reaction score
Living in the mid-south it gets quite hot and humid. I am looking for some suggestions on Best Shirts/undershirt and please don't judge me here but driest underwear that is made. Yes, I do perspire more then most. After 18 it's not a pretty site. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey! Welcome to THP!

Personally, I am an adidas ultimate 365 guy for shirts.

As far as underwear...I LOVE the 2undr stuff. The ones I use for golf are the gear shift I think? They may have changed the name, but look for the 90%polyester 10%elastane blend. These things are absolute game changers:)

You're probably going to want to look at some performance fabric... like moisture wicking and quick drying.

And there's gold bond powder... it can help some with the swamp butt.
Or Boudreaux's Butt Paste for monkey butt. I think that's what it's called.
Don't laugh. It's a real product and it's designed to help.

Welcome to THP! Shirts I would recommend something with moisture wicking fabric. So many options there. Underwear, as was already suggested, look up 2Undr

Shirts, tend to like the Columbia PFG fishing shirts when I play in the south. I know, not a polo, but so good.
Shirts, Colombia Omni Shade shirts. They are quick dry and I do t even sweat.
Underware there is only 1 kind I wear any more- David Archer, with a pouch for the berries, and a spot for the twig.
If you start chaffing nothing better than Chamois Butter. Bicycle riders use it and I swear by it. Never Chaffee with that stuff.

You're probably going to want to look at some performance fabric... like moisture wicking and quick drying.

And there's gold bond powder... it can help some with the swamp butt.
Or Boudreaux's Butt Paste for monkey butt. I think that's what it's called.
Don't laugh. It's a real product and it's designed to help.
Hey I'm not laughing at the problem or the product name, but I will laugh at calling it "monkey butt". :LOL::LOL:

Living in the mid-south it gets quite hot and humid. I am looking for some suggestions on Best Shirts/undershirt and please don't judge me here but driest underwear that is made. Yes, I do perspire more then most. After 18 it's not a pretty site. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to THP. Where are you in the mid-south?

I live in Mississippi and am quite familiar with oppressive heat and humidity while playing golf in the summer. I really like the Puma Cloudspun and Mattr shirts for their ability to wick away moisture and keep my shirt from becoming a second skin. The material doesn't feel as plastic as some moisture wicking shirts can feel.

On the under draws side of things, I have some Tommy John that provide some separation of things and stay relatively dry. Otherwise, it is a sprinkle of gold bond and hope for the best.

Welcome to THP. Where are you in the mid-south?

I live in Mississippi and am quite familiar with oppressive heat and humidity while playing golf in the summer. I really like the Puma Cloudspun and Mattr shirts for their ability to wick away moisture and keep my shirt from becoming a second skin. The material doesn't feel as plastic as some moisture wicking shirts can feel.

On the under draws side of things, I have some Tommy John that provide some separation of things and stay relatively dry. Otherwise, it is a sprinkle of gold bond and hope for the best.

South Carolina, Lake Hartwell area.

Thanking everyone for great suggestions. Appreciated!!

Nice! I've never been to any of those courses lol. Isn't pinelake owned by the guy who owns the distillery?

I believe so, also owns that Large Marina on Hartwell, Not Portman's, and one other Restaurant.

I like the adidas ultimate 365 shirts too. Also the Peter Millar Summer Comfort polos are good (as long as they're the polyester ones - I have done searches on eBay where cotton shirts show up with that name too). The 2 I bought from Marshalls are fantastic when it's super hot & humid

Polyester is a good start, then something with stretch and is lighter weight. Run away from cotton, and that includes underwear.

UA, 2Under, and Jockey are some brands I have for hot weather.

Absolutely check out 2UNDR. Best stuff on the market in my opinion. I liked the Gear Shift, but I think they've discontinued it so look for the Power Shift instead.

I just spent 5 days in Pinehurst in high 80s/low 90s plus humidity... I do tend to sweat more than most

-Above all else, gold bond powder is your friend (I apply once before and one round 2X during)
-Duluth buck naked underwear or Armachillo cooling boxer briefs are very nice
-Under Armour heatgear shorts actually help you feel cool
-Big fan of Peter Millar, Greyson and Under Armour shirts
-Stance tab golf socks

Side note - packets of Liquid IV powder mixed in bottles of water are huge -higher in sodium but they work for keeping you hyrdated.

Fruit of the Loom makes some good moisture wicking underwear at a reasonable price.

My only advice is if you're ever playing 36 take a change of underwear and some gold bond for between rounds. You will feel like a daisy while your buddies are dealing with swamp butt.

Hey! Welcome to THP!

Personally, I am an adidas ultimate 365 guy for shirts.

As far as underwear...I LOVE the 2undr stuff. The ones I use for golf are the gear shift I think? They may have changed the name, but look for the 90%polyester 10%elastane blend. These things are absolute game changers:)

The Gear shift are awesome, its almost all I wear.

FYI just played 54 holes yesterday and the 2undr gear shift kept me dry and comfy all day (y)

Back