I have both the original TGC simulator and TGC 2019; it’s a chunk of capital but you never pay for upgrades or anything. It’s a large one time commitment; we get tons of hours of enjoyment out of it though.

I also purchased the pc version so I could recreate our local course to play on rainy days...THAT was a project but fun

Have you used the new Lidar tools for course creation? People can create a course now in hours instead of weeks. And much more accurate with the real elevation.

Have you used the new Lidar tools for course creation? People can create a course now in hours instead of weeks. And much more accurate with the real elevation.

I did! It helps a lot in building a skeleton, but there’s a lot more work then to do bunkering, trees, plants, etc. it cut out hours but it is still a labor of love.

Before the lidar tool you had people walking courses and doing that all by hand. So many impressive courses made as close as possible to the real thing. It was definitely months of work that is now down to weeks

I downloaded this game last night. NuclearBeav on XB1

Who's playing on PS4?

my username is skinsscalper.

I am! Just downloaded this last night. PLayed a few rounds last night, And a couple this am. I am worse than I am IRL :eek: It’s really good though. Except putting. Putting is BS. :mad:

Username is abiotic_rabbit, but my account is pretty locked down.

I bought this for my PC a few months ago. It's a lot of fun.

Had this game sitting by my xbox for about a year and never played it. With everything going on and our local courses finally closing down, I decided to give it a try. I am absolutely hooked! It's a little janky at times and putting is a complete crap shoot but I feel like you really work for your scores and birdies feel really good. I also have Rory McIlroy and that game is way too easy and really arcady like you don't have to work for a good score at all. I'm going to be playing this A LOT lol

I am! Just downloaded this last night. PLayed a few rounds last night, And a couple this am. I am worse than I am IRL :eek: It’s really good though. Except putting. Putting is BS. :mad:

Username is abiotic_rabbit, but my account is pretty locked down.

The putting can be trying at times, I still haven't completely gotten the hang of it yet. The longer putts especially. :oops:

Had this game sitting by my xbox for about a year and never played it. With everything going on and our local courses finally closing down, I decided to give it a try. I am absolutely hooked! It's a little janky at times and putting is a complete crap shoot but I feel like you really work for your scores and birdies feel really good. I also have Rory McIlroy and that game is way too easy and really arcady like you don't have to work for a good score at all. I'm going to be playing this A LOT lol

Agree, the putting is the hardest part of the game, but otherwise I'm having a ball with the game. I holed out from the fairway last night on a par 4 and an eagle 2. Almost had a double eagle on a par 5 yesterday afternoon.

So a key to putting. If you have a 40 foot putt, count 4 in your backswing, 10 foot putt will be a one second backswing. Also, do not carry hybrids, irons are much better out of rough in this game. I carry DR, 3W, 2I, 4-PW and three wedges. If u have uphill/downhill you will have to make small adjustments to backswing

So a key to putting. If you have a 40 foot putt, count 4 in your backswing, 10 foot putt will be a one second backswing. Also, do not carry hybrids, irons are much better out of rough in this game. I carry DR, 3W, 2I, 4-PW and three wedges. If u have uphill/downhill you will have to make small adjustments to backswing
That’s a hell of a tip on putting! Thank you!

For uphill downhill I use however many feet uh/dh, divide that by three and then add one. So for example if you have 150 yards with 27 feet uphill. 27/3=9+1=10 so you’d play it at 160 yards and if was downhill you’d play at 140. A buddy of mine who played college golf said his coach taught him that (obviously for real life lol) and I’ve never forgot it. First time I played this game I used it and it works almost perfectly

Of course you still have to take in to account wind and stuff but it makes it so you can mostly Use full swings all the time and not mess with different swings

That’s a hell of a tip on putting! Thank you!

For uphill downhill I use however many feet uh/dh, divide that by three and then add one. So for example if you have 150 yards with 27 feet uphill. 27/3=9+1=10 so you’d play it at 160 yards and if was downhill you’d play at 140. A buddy of mine who played college golf said his coach taught him that (obviously for real life lol) and I’ve never forgot it. First time I played this game I used it and it works almost perfectly

Of course you still have to take in to account wind and stuff but it makes it so you can mostly Use full swings all the time and not mess with different swings

Club selection can really be key in some instances, as I'm finding out.

On another note, my controller I ordered from Amazon arrived today so I'll be giving that a try out tonight. I had been using mouse and keyboard up until now.

Last edited:
I did! It helps a lot in building a skeleton, but there’s a lot more work then to do bunkering, trees, plants, etc. it cut out hours but it is still a labor of love.

Before the lidar tool you had people walking courses and doing that all by hand. So many impressive courses made as close as possible to the real thing. It was definitely months of work that is now down to weeks

Whats the course name? I’ll check it out once this quarantine is over and I visit my parents house.

Whats the course name? I’ll check it out once this quarantine is over and I visit my parents house.

Sorry, never posted it; its Southwyck but I never uploaded it to the server, just transferred it via a usb stick. Will see if I can get it uploaded

So a key to putting. If you have a 40 foot putt, count 4 in your backswing, 10 foot putt will be a one second backswing.
Dude! I know I already responded to this but this putting tip is incredible! Putting is a lot more enjoyable now. Thanks again!

Sorry, never posted it; its Southwyck but I never uploaded it to the server, just transferred it via a usb stick. Will see if I can get it uploaded

If you succeed in uploading, I'd like to give it a try.

Is it possible to play a game with other THPers? And can someone on XBox play someone on a PC?

What are your type of course you guys like to play. I really enjoy the links style. Played the old course last night,
Is it possible to play a game with other THPers? And can someone on XBox play someone on a PC?

Asked that question and got a no reply for crossing platforms. that a shame it would have been fun.

I don’t think you can play across platforms. I know on the simulator version you can play with others that also have the sim version. Not sure how the console versions work.

Not sure if its been posted (apologies, but reviewing the thread I didn't see it), but at least for the sim version, the list of RCR and Lidar courses are at:

Some of the courses apparently got locked down. For the longest time, the Sunday version of Augusta was called Magnolia National, but appears Augusta stepped in to protect their brand there.

I have a quality mat, an impact screen from Carl's, and an entry level projector. I am tempted to get TGC 2019 but will probably wait to the fall as I really want to have the standalone shed built first!

Dude! I know I already responded to this but this putting tip is incredible! Putting is a lot more enjoyable now. Thanks again!
Your welcome, and if u guys want to play in a competitive league, look at TGC Tours. We play four rounds a week and based on PGA Tour. They have multiple skill levels and you can work your way up to PGA

Your welcome, and if u guys want to play in a competitive league, look at TGC Tours. We play four rounds a week and based on PGA Tour. They have multiple skill levels and you can work your way up to PGA
What platform is that on?

Back