Golf courses open for play in SoCal

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Reaction score
Handicap
Please post any information of golf courses that are open or planning to reopen in SoCal.

Since the information may be hard to find. We can just share our information here. This will save more than a few golfers sanity. :drinks:

Congratulations

Los Robles is taking tee time online. :drinks:

Los Robles tee times are filling up fast.

Soule Park is open also.

Walking only :drinks:

Sterling Hills and Rustic Canyon are now offering tee times. :drinks:

The Great Awakening has Begun :egyptian:

Riverside county courses just reopened too. Social distancing and masks required.

Add Moorpark to the list:drinks:

Riverside county courses just reopened too. Social distancing and masks required.
Playing golf with a mask? That sounds horrible.

Playing golf with a mask? That sounds horrible.

Mask only required when you are choosing to get within 6 feet of the other players.

I only wear the Mask on the first Tee. :drinks:

Glad for you folks!! Here in NJ it will be a bit longer. Although we are in south Jersey with low % of cases, we have to comply. I hope Governor opens by county or region.

I live in SE Michigan, We'll be lucky to see golf by July -_-

Glad for you folks!! Here in NJ it will be a bit longer. Although we are in south Jersey with low % of cases, we have to comply. I hope Governor opens by county or region.

Originally Native New Yorker. Earned my PhD and met my wife at Rutgers.

This is a terrible time for everyone. We sincerely mourn New Jersey and all our worldwide losses.

Hopefully NJ will flat her curve asap and permit outdoor activities like golf soon. :drinks:

I live in SE Michigan, We'll be lucky to see golf by July -_-
While this crisis is incredible. Both in the world wide effects and losses.

July reopening golf sounds like over kill.

But I am thousands of miles away. So I really can't and don't want to second guess.

I don't know of any outbreaks of any infectious disease traceable to outdoor activities like golfing. But if you, or anyone does please share.

Best wishes. Stay safe.

BTW, I am a licensed physician and have extensive experience with tropical and infectious diseases. :drinks:

While this crisis is incredible. Both in the world wide effects and losses.

July reopening golf sounds like over kill.

But I am thousands of miles away. So I really can't and don't want to second guess.

I don't know of any outbreaks of any infectious disease traceable to outdoor activities like golfing. But if you, or anyone does please share.

Best wishes. Stay safe.

BTW, I am a licensed physician and have extensive experience with tropical and infectious diseases. :drinks:
Why do you think San Diego is waiting so long? Our numbers have been good until yesterday when we had a spike of 15 deaths but that is a lagging indicator. I'm good for most businesses staying closed but I feel golf with safeguards is safe.

Just played Riverwalk in San Diego. Payed $59 for Sunday morning round. Course was below average shape. Greens recently aerated, rough grown high, some fairways in bad shape. Doesn't look like much maintenance was done during the last 6 weeks. I have tee times at Miramar Marine Corps Air station for next week. Glad to be playing again in San Diego.

We are all awaiting for Torrey Pines to be Reopened :drinks:

Why do you think San Diego is waiting so long? Our numbers have been good until yesterday when we had a spike of 15 deaths but that is a lagging indicator. I'm good for most businesses staying closed but I feel golf with safeguards is safe.

Golf isn't just safe, it's downright beneficial.

While playing?
Yes, but it looks like the order is being changed by the board of supervisors to remove the need for masks if social distancing on the course.

Yes, but it looks like the order is being changed by the board of supervisors to remove the need for masks if social distancing on the course.
When Josh and I played last weekend, they made us wear the masks around the clubhouse and other common areas, but told us we could remove them once we got on the course. They have to be somewhat realistic about it.

Back