Golf Digest 2011 Hot List. What Do You Think?

If it didn't work that well for you then I understand. Maybe it's a personal opinion, but not only did my distance increase with this club (carry and roll) but the big kicker for me was accuracy. I have been hitting this thing for a while now at the range behind my local Roger Dunn and it is the only driver that I have yet to push one bad right or hit a low line drive snap hook. Guess the setup just works for me! Maybe I shouldn't harrass them for not agreeing with me, but I've just never heard a bad review of this driver. I most certainly wouldn't give it a bad one either.

but I've just never heard a bad review of this driver. I most certainly wouldn't give it a bad one either.

I dont think it was a bad club and I am glad it is working for you. It did not for me, and definitely not nearly like it seems so many others like it. I will also say at the last THP Demo Day, it did not get rave reviews either. I guess Golf Digest saw it like our members in attendance did. Dont know really.

I find the hot list to be too much of an overview and simplification of the clubs tested and some of the brand missing in the list seems odd (bridgestone irons, wedges anyone?). For example, the shaft are mostly overlooked when they are key to a driver and looking down the wedge list, I only found a brief mention of the DG spinner in the MP T11. I take the hotlist for what it is, just a list of the new gear, not a thorough review like those conducted by THP or on other golf blogs.

I got an email from Odyssey and the title was "Hot List Domination" and I just rolled. I am a fan of Odyssey but for some reason I just thought this was comedic, it goes to show that the Hot List probably sells A LOT of clubs for these major OEM's. I will say that before I knew of THP or even before THP was born that I did heavily rely on the Hot list. I look back at those days and wonder how I could have been so swayed

Just read this pile. What a joke. Who writes that dribble?

Didnt read the entire thread, so forgive if already shared.

I have the "hotlist" magazines from the last 3 years. It seems each year, the same equipment is in the same order. New models of course, but its almost like a rating on who spends the most in advertising with the magazine. I like to look at them just for fun, but would never base any decision off their info. And I notice bridgestone and a few other companies are not included at all. Would think in the last 3 years, one of these companies has made something that would have cracked the list. Guess they need to give GD more money. haha

Didnt read the entire thread, so forgive if already shared.

I have the "hotlist" magazines from the last 3 years. It seems each year, the same equipment is in the same order. New models of course, but its almost like a rating on who spends the most in advertising with the magazine. I like to look at them just for fun, but would never base any decision off their info. And I notice bridgestone and a few other companies are not included at all. Would think in the last 3 years, one of these companies has made something that would have cracked the list. Guess they need to give GD more money. haha

That's about it in a nutshell.

Haha. Maybe if I make my own club, and give them a bunch of money, it will be "gold" next year... It would have no warranty. ha

Back