Golf equipment - I have a ridiculous amount of ....

I have my first real set of golf clubs from the early 80's and they have too much sentimental value after seeing almost 2,000 rounds for me to get rid of them. I sold a couple sets of irons but I still have my Wilson Staff Tour 100's(too pretty to sell) and my 3 sets of Srixon 565/765/965's which are all in use until I buy the ZX7/5's in a few months. :)

I can support this. My first real irons I ALMOST gave to a close friend. I told him how much they meant to me and I then had to find him something else. So they’re never on the chopping block for equipment. They’re worth about $60.00 but I wouldn’t sell them for 6k (most likely). I used them for 20 years or so. Became a + with them.

Yeah, probably going to keep them and break them out once in a while for special rounds.

Old old irons. Like from when I started playing the game, I still have a couple of the sets I began with.

I don't really know why I still have them, they may need to get given away locally this year. They will never get played again, and are just taking up space.
I wish I had kept my first ever set of clubs. I don't even remember what they were now, an old set of blades I bought at a garage sale almost 35 years ago, but after all these years they would have tremendous sentimental value to me.

I have 4 complete sets of Taylormade's I have kept throughout the years.

I wish I had kept my first ever set of clubs. I don't even remember what they were now, an old set of blades I bought at a garage sale almost 35 years ago, but after all these years they would have tremendous sentimental value to me.

You’re right. My first set was a r-flex Walmart box brand. I swung well north of 130 with driver then. All the woods were gone in a few rounds, I actually went back to the old wooden Ping Eye 2 for a bit. I kept it in the bag as a 3w until 2017 or so? If all went south I could count on a consistent club down the pipe as well.

My first real set, Tour Model 4’s (WTF is that, don’t bother looking it up they were Ping Eye 2 copies) were built for me by a now out of business local shop. They had their version of fitting (measuring distances from arm to ground and a a few other actual measurements) basically IIRC.

I was going to give them to a close friend until I told them what they meant to me and to take good care of them. Since they weren’t a set for him and a relative he couldn’t say they would be so I gave him a different set. If someone else ever owns them, they’ll get the entire story about them including the crazy 20 years apart 3i’s off the tee at Valley View #8. One I pulled the bejibbles out of, the other I intentionally did the same.

Pull hooks go far.

You’re right. My first set was a r-flex Walmart box brand. I swung well north of 130 with driver then. All the woods were gone in a few rounds, I actually went back to the old wooden Ping Eye 2 for a bit. I kept it in the bag as a 3w until 2017 or so? If all went south I could count on a consistent club down the pipe as well.

My first real set, Tour Model 4’s (WTF is that, don’t bother looking it up they were Ping Eye 2 copies) were built for me by a now out of business local shop. They had their version of fitting (measuring distances from arm to ground and a a few other actual measurements) basically IIRC.

I was going to give them to a close friend until I told them what they meant to me and to take good care of them. Since they weren’t a set for him and a relative he couldn’t say they would be so I gave him a different set. If someone else ever owns them, they’ll get the entire story about them including the crazy 20 years apart 3i’s off the tee at Valley View #8. One I pulled the bejibbles out of, the other I intentionally did the same.

Pull hooks go far.
Don't need to look up the Tour Model clubs, I owned a set of them too! :LOL: I wanted Ping Eye2s and couldn't afford them at the time, so I bought the Tour Models and played them for several years. I think I may actually still have their 7W in my junk clubs bag, it was kind of an Adams Tight Lies knockoff.

If you ask my wife, she will say everything, but the only thing I might agree to is putters (35 last count).

Tees, I was given a bag of about 200 when I started and still have about 150 of them.

Hybrids and fairway woods. I keep going back and forth with new fairways and hybrids.

I honestly have an absurd amount of balls. I kept buy balls like I was losing 6-10 a round like when I started except now a ball generally lasts me an entire round. My stock pile after Christmas is 9 dozen Snells, 9 dozen TP5 practice balls and 3 dozen Z-stars. It excludes what's in my bag which is probably another dozen and truck which I believe is 18. And my practice balls that I use for chipping. Only way I am running out of balls in 2021 is if I start hitting them at the range.

Back