Golf equipment - I have a ridiculous amount of ....

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
Outside of golf balls, what golf equipment do you have too much of?

Is it possible to have too much?

I plead the 5th :censored:

Nope, not gonna answer this..... my wife may be lurking ;)

Putters

Balls.

No such thing.

Thankfully, I usually trade rather than hoard golf equipment. Still, I have enough equipment to make up 3 complete sets of playable clubs with a spare putter left over.

I am not big on clutter so I don't have a lot of anything.

Balls is the only real excess I have golf related items of .

Hybrid clones of Taylor Made, Ping, Callaway, etc. When I retired and decided to pick up the game again after a decade long layoff, I had all kinds of trouble hitting irons. I thought hybrids were the ticket. I didn't want to spend too much on the real thing so I found this site that made clones. I would order one at a time to try it. Some worked. Some didn't. I had a mix and match set of hybrid irons up to 52 degree loft. I will admit I liked the sand wedge for chipping. Felt like it slid on the surface nicely and picked the ball up.

But I finally decided the only way to get better is to use irons and wedges and just keep working to make them better. I settled in on this set of Adams irons and hybrids. I just liked the way they feel and now my game is finally improving with them. The clone hybrids are in my shed. Next time I decide to clean it up I will probably throw them out. I did return to one hybrid I have in my bag. Its a 31 degree Ping clone. It replaces my 6 iron. Its the one hybrid that hits really high and comes down straighter than my 6 iron. If I can't get my 6 iron working I might invest in the real thing. Its much more forgiving.

Some would say the 40+ putters in my current collection that grows by at least a handful each year. They would be clearly wrong. :)

At one time I had a two car garage full of various golf items. Any room left over had fishing gear taking up the space. My wife had a very small area for the washer/dryer. Our cars stayed out side.

These days, I'm down to the very basic necessities of just two bag of clubs.

I’m not too overstocked on anything. I have 4 dozen new golf balls, which is a lot for me, 4 new gloves (also a lot), and now that I have new wedges, I have 6 old ones. That’s about as well-stocked as my golf inventory has ever been.

I try not to keep much anymore. As a matter of fact I'll be listing wedges, drivers, hybrids and shafts for sale pretty soon.

I give stuff away as we just don't have room for extra stuff here. We have a junior golf program here that gets my extras.

I don't I usually give my older gear away to someone.

Headcovers. Have all the stock covers, then 2 or 3 for each wood and hybrid, because I get bored or see one I like more. There's probably 20 laying around my office.

Get behind me, Satan.

I was getting quite a collection but it was just sitting in my closet. I decided to keep a complete extra set made up of old stuff that has little value for guests without clubs and sold off the rest.

A lot as I’m not one to get rid of them. 3 sets of irons, 7 putters & way too many bags.

Back