Golf Etiquette: what do YOU need to improve?

WMac19

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Apologies if this was already covered...

The one area where I am continually lacking is on cart path only holes (talking individual holes, not when play is rendered CPO due to conditions).

I'm normally one to routinely fill my divot and at least one other with sand. On days when playing alone and/or time permits, I'll go through bottles at times filling divots.

Yet on the random cart path only hole, I'll forever forget to bring the bottle and too often skip it once I do realize.

When CPO for the day, I always grab the bottle. Need to change that.

my bunker raking skills could stand to be improved

i never fill divots on tee boxes when i use an iron

i’m sure there are more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am big on ready golf, and will regularly tee off ahead of someone who has honors. The other thing would making sure a bunker is left in the proper order.

I play so much with my cousin, and I usually tee off because I get ready faster, so I'm always worried if I ever play with someone else, I'll just roll out of the cart and head for the tee.

The few times I've played with others, they've played from the whites, so they always tee off from white then we get to the reds and I tee off.

Yeah, I have similar concerns. As of late the vast majority of golf is with my brother, we developed habits that work out very well for us but may get a funny look when we occasionally play with others. One example is our habitat of leaving our ball(s) in the hole for the last person to putt to retrieve. For us it speeds thing up a bit if you putt and immediately get out of the way for the next putt, especially on long putts.

I think I have a poor habit of walking ahead of guys who haven't hit yet (off to one side ish). I dont think most guys care, but it's still poor form on my part.

I think I have a poor habit of walking ahead of guys who haven't hit yet (off to one side ish). I dont think most guys care, but it's still poor form on my part.
And dangerous!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And dangerous!

Yeah for sure. Obviously if someone shanks a ball into me while I'm being an idiot I wouldnt blame them at all.

I’m really trying to get better throwing my tee ( if I break it ) in the trash . I’ll forget a lot and leave it at the tee box .

We were playing somewhere and some guys were coming off the green and I think it was DWHockey stick was about to hit a wedge into the green and I told him to wait and got the look, well the shot was a line drive right where the carts were.

It would have been interesting to say the least..

Fixing tee box divots is something I lack in doing as well. Im kind of surprised at myself because I do fix/replace divots in the and evn extras as well as greens pitch marks. But I get so atentative to where my ball went (so I wont be searching) that I often forget to repair the tee box divot.

I been known to begin to walk ahead as well but of course its only when on opposite sides and not in line of sight or close enough to be any disturbance at all. But honestly I just find its a big time saver to do this and don't see anything wrong with it.

I could work on being more aware with people who play honors. I never do so I just take the tee if it’s open regardless of who I’m with and that hasn’t always been well received. I’m sure I have plenty of other flaws that need working on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am disappointed by slow play, specifically players not moving directly to their ball and striking their shot. I guess this may be a "breach of etiquette" because the away ball is supposed to play first.

Being more aware of where I’m standing on the green when others are putting or on the tee when they’re hitting.

I could definitely do better about cleaning up my divots on the tee boxes, and picking up my tees. I don’t carry a sand bottle when I walk, I need to buy one for the speed cart.

I’m pretty good for the most part. What people complain about with me is either my shadow is in their line or the Albatross coin white side being behind the cup or in view while they’re putting. I don’t play CPO golf. We have sand bottles on the tee boxes of par 3’s so I always hit them sand it. Usually for everyone in the group

Sent from HTX

I am disappointed by slow play, specifically players not moving directly to their ball and striking their shot. I guess this may be a "breach of etiquette" because the away ball is supposed to play first.

Screw away first, play ready golf! So many time the away ball maybe not readily in play.

This really pisses me off when everyone goes to look for a lost ball before hitting their shots! Hit your shots, then by the time you all do the lost ball guy might have found his!

I play so much with my cousin, and I usually tee off because I get ready faster, so I'm always worried if I ever play with someone else, I'll just roll out of the cart and head for the tee.

The few times I've played with others, they've played from the whites, so they always tee off from white then we get to the reds and I tee off.
Not ever a big deal with our group. Unless someone got feathers the last hole, the tee box is always first come first served.

Screw away first, play ready golf! So many time the away ball maybe not readily in play.

This really pisses me off when everyone goes to look for a lost ball before hitting their shots! Hit your shots, then by the time you all do the lost ball guy might have found his!

I agree 100%, and play the same style you do.
However the thread title is "etiquette". Honestly I am not sure whether or not "ready players" are in breach of good etiquette.

it depends on the locations of things. Often we can help look for others balls as generally these poorer shots can often be shorter ones and before we get to our other balls so its sort of on the way. But yes when in the same general area Id say look hit first then help.

One area I need to work on is replacing divots. I rarely ever bring the divot bottle to a shot, something to work on!

Of the guys I play with I am the longest off the tee and most often find myself doing the same thing. I don't always pay enough attention to where the guys in the other cart hit their tee shots and I'll get to my ball or even off to the side and look back and I am directly in their line. I need to work on that as well but I am also big on ready golf so that contributes to it as well.

Sometimes I have to take a cart because of health issues. When I hit an iron shot on occasion the divot will simply explode into a bunch of tiny pieces so there is nothing for me to fill the divot hole with...and the cart doesn't have divot mix to repair the hole. I feel bad about that.

Sometimes I have to take a cart because of health issues. When I hit an iron shot on occasion the divot will simply explode into a bunch of tiny pieces so there is nothing for me to fill the divot hole with...and the cart doesn't have divot mix to repair the hole. I feel bad about that.

Seems like the courses problem for not having sand bottles on the cart. Nothing you can do if the divot explodes like it does in many of the southern states or the occasional course up north

Sent from HTX

Sand bottle for push cart? I hadn't thought of that.

I'm ready golf. (I usually don't even take the pin out) If you're a slow Walker or Gabby I'm taking my shot (even on the green).

Back