Golf Galaxy Custom Specs

thewilderside

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone know how the custom length and lie work is done when ordering from Golf Galaxy? Is it done by the club manufacturer, or is it done by Golf Galaxy? Does anyone have any thoughts on Golf Galaxy? I'm curious as they have the JPX921 and *seemingly* I could get an additional 15% off by signing up for their email list.

Lots of fine print to their coupons. However if you custom order, it will be done by the manufacturer. Here they seem to be a good place where I can step in and buy some things but I don't trust them with anything fitting related.

Lots of fine print to their coupons. However if you custom order, it will be done by the manufacturer. Here they seem to be a good place where I can step in and buy some things but I don't trust them with anything fitting related.
Good to know custom orders are done by OEM, thanks. I feel like I had heard something to the effect that GG may not be a great place for actual fitting work before.

If you can double check the order they are putting in TO the manufacturer. Had an order totally botched by them once. And they tried to pin it on me, but that was a number of years ago. Had a carbon copy rcpt back then that CLEARLY stated stiff flex for the shaft and they scratched it out on their copy and wrote "regular" when they ordered the wrong flex. :ROFLMAO: I chewed corporate a big new one on that and got a good amount of free gear in return via gift card it was so egregious. You just never know who works at those stores unless you're there all the time I guess is the point. Double check the order. :ROFLMAO:

Good to know custom orders are done by OEM, thanks. I feel like I had heard something to the effect that GG may not be a great place for actual fitting work before.
To clarify they will do custom work there but if you are ordering new clubs to an OEM's specs, they'll just order the manufacturer to do the work, If you need aftermarket work done like a custom shaft the OEM doesn't offer, they can do that work for you for a fee. I normally have a small local shop do that stuff for me if I pick up a shaft on eBay or something like that.

If you can double check the order they are putting in TO the manufacturer. Had an order totally botched by them once. And they tried to pin it on me, but that was a number of years ago. Had a carbon copy rcpt back then that CLEARLY stated stiff flex for the shaft and they scratched it out on their copy and wrote "regular" when they ordered the wrong flex. :ROFLMAO: I chewed corporate a big new one on that and got a good amount of free gear in return via gift card it was so egregious. You just never know who works at those stores unless you're there all the time I guess is the point. Double check the order. :ROFLMAO:
Good advice, I'd be ordering online so there's ALWAYS proof of that :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone know how the custom length and lie work is done when ordering from Golf Galaxy? Is it done by the club manufacturer, or is it done by Golf Galaxy? Does anyone have any thoughts on Golf Galaxy? I'm curious as they have the JPX921 and *seemingly* I could get an additional 15% off by signing up for their email list.

I would be BEYOND Shocked if not only Mizuno, but specifically their new Irons was not excluded from the 15% Off Promotion.

I was fitted at CC and ordered a custom set of Mavrik irons from GG at slightly over half of what CC wanted. The irons I ordered came directly from the manufacturer. I am well pleased with mine.

Back