Golf games for money

Some great stuff in here guys!! Might try some of these next time I’m out playing.

Played one the other day that was pretty cool called The Banker. We had 5 in the group but could be done with 4 or 3. Flip a tee on the 1st tee box to decide who the banker is. Each player then has a $2 bet with the banker for that hole. After each player tees off, before the ball lands, the player has an opportunity to double their bet with the banker, in this case taking the hole bet from $2 to $4. On par 3's, each player has the chance to double or triple their bet with the banker, again, before the ball lands from the tee shot.

Player stays the banker until someone beats the banker (net or gross) and then that player becomes the banker on the next hole.

So to play it out a bit, Hole 1 scores: A-4, B-5, C-5, D-6 and Banker-5. A-$2, B-Push, C-Push, D-($2) - Banker breaks even and Player A becomes Banker on hole 2
Hole 2 scores: A-5DBet, B-4DBet, C-4DBet, D-5DBet and BAnker-5. Banker looses $8 as players doubled bets after tee shots. Banker goes to player B or C based on who had the longer 1st putt.

Pretty easy game once it gets going. Net birdies also doubles the bet with the banker. Something different for those that like to play games.

i like this game

wolf

5/3/1

Nassau 18 holes

need to play:

Wolf Hammer and Daytona
Wolf hammer is a monster. hard to keep up with it though. Ive played a slimmed down version a couple of times with buddies and it’s great fun.

Wolf hammer is a monster. hard to keep up with it though. Ive played a slimmed down version a couple of times with buddies and it’s great fun.

I was having trouble with Wolf scoring/order the other day - I would be broken if I had to do Wolf Hammer

I was having trouble with Wolf scoring/order the other day - I would be broken if I had to do Wolf Hammer
Me too. Removed half the dots, so just simpler ones to remember.

My Saturday group throws in 5 bucks for places and Skins, my group we add a revolving partners game where we switch every 6 hols and both ball count, then we play a dollar Birdies and Closet to the pin on all par 3 but only if you make par or better with carry overs

Our group is pretty simple we do $2 a hole, with carry overs and press when pissed. We are all around the same caps so ends being pretty square at the end of it.

I've played a form of that and we call it Snake. Whoever 3 putts first is the snake and throws $3 (or whatever to the pot) and that person will hold a snake poker chip. Next person who 3 putts, the pot grows another $3, and they hold the poker chip. Throughout the round, depending on how many 3 putts happen, the pot can be pretty big up to $15-20 bucks and whoever is holding the snake poker chip on the 18th will pay out the pot and split to the group.

Puts a lot of pressure on putting and we rarely give gimmies unless its under 6 inch because of the pressure lol. Fun game to play!

We play this one a lot. It keeps things interesting throughout even if the other matches are already decided.

In a match this past summer there were a total of nine 3 putts coming onto 18 tee. My buddy three-jacked 18 (his first 3 putt of the day) and ended up paying out the pot. He was fuming.

A lot of people like to put a little something on the line when playing. I’m not typically one of those people, but I learned about a game that I thought was pretty interesting.

Putting Money:
For any number of players.

All players put the same amount of money (Say $5 ea) in the pot.
From a random draw one player is selected to hold the pot.

They hold the putting money until they three putt a green. At which time the putting money is passed to the next player to hold, until they three putt. Continue until the end of the round, passing the putting money from player to player.

At the end of the round, whoever is holding the putting money gets to keep it.

What games do you play, and what are the rules?
I like this one! I'm not into gambling to the degree that a lot of people seem to, golf is fun enough! But yea just a little $5 bet like this sounds pretty fun.

I could put some money on the game, or I could simply take a match and burn it. Either way, it is like attaching it to the wings of a bird and watching it fly away out of sight.

I've never bet on a golf game, but had a guy (who joined our three ball last week) walk up and ask us if we wanted to play for $10/hole. I simply told him I don't gamble, but he was relentless throughout the round. After I striped one on the first tee, he mentioned that he's glad I didnt take the bet. After that, he throughly wiped up the greens with us and played great golf. I mean, how could I ever gamble against someone who never stated his HCP and I'd just met anyways. Just my $.02, but he definitely wanted us to part with our money.

I've never bet on a golf game, but had a guy (who joined our three ball last week) walk up and ask us if we wanted to play for $10/hole. I simply told him I don't gamble, but he was relentless throughout the round. After I striped one on the first tee, he mentioned that he's glad I didnt take the bet. After that, he throughly wiped up the greens with us and played great golf. I mean, how could I ever gamble against someone who never stated his HCP and I'd just met anyways. Just my $.02, but he definitely wanted us to part with our money.
I know some guys that gambled heavy on the holes. They would smoke a hundred a hole and at times even bet on putts, and so on. The more they drank the more it got interesting.

Back