Golf GPS devices or phone Apps

Murray

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there a thread stating the best phone apps etc?

If there isn't, there should be! :banana:

I personally think Freecaddie is one of the best out there. gives very spot on yardages. Was within 3~5 yards of my buddy's uPro.

I personally think Freecaddie is one of the best out there. gives very spot on yardages. Was within 3~5 yards of my buddy's uPro.

Interesting, I'll have to check it out.

P.S. Howdy from a fellow husker!!!

Interesting, I'll have to check it out.

P.S. Howdy from a fellow husker!!!
I'm far from Nebraska, but a very dedicated one. Hoping to make it to college up there eventually. And the app is great and simple. I just need yardages to get me on the green. Course mapping is very easy and if you mapped it, you can know where at you placed the pins, and even move one to identify a bunker or whatever else you need.

I use Free Caddie for my Android. Haven't encountered any problems yet. Seems fairly accurate.

Best thing about FreeCaddie is that you can do your own course mapping. You don't have to rely on someone else's mapping if you don't want. You can also mark any spot that you want, e.g. layup spots.

I have used just about every iPhone GPS app and I personally like Golfshot the best. With the iPhone 4’s better battery, you don’t need an auxiliary battery; and the GPS is more accurate (and WAY faster to lock on) than the iPhone 3Gs is too.
They also have a sister app called Golfplan that syncs with Golfshot to help find the most effective practice to improve your personal game.

I have used just about every iPhone GPS app and I personally like Golfshot the best. With the iPhone 4’s better battery, you don’t need an auxiliary battery; and the GPS is more accurate (and WAY faster to lock on) than the iPhone 3Gs is too.
They also have a sister app called Golfplan that syncs with Golfshot to help find the most effective practice to improve your personal game.

+1 on this. I have posted about Golfshot/Golfscape/Golfplan a few times. This is the best combo. Golfshot is the best smartphone GPS IMO and I have tried a ton of them. Golfscape is a sweet augmented reality GPS app that works seemlessly with Golfshot. It is very cool and has a wow factor about it. And then they work directly with Golfplan to develop a plan for improvement. It is a fantastic trio!

I've been using SkyDroid on my phone for quite a while now. It always seems to give very accurate values and doesn't kill the battery on my phone too fast. Has layup positions from previous users or you can create your own. Also has front, back and middle of green distances. Pretty nice for 3 bucks. (Android phone btw)

I have been using two main apps for my Android for my golfing needs, for a GPS I have been using How far am I? It is simple, too the point and easy on the battery. Another app is Golfcard. It allows me to keep track of all my rounds and handicap calculator.

Has anyone tried the iSwing golf app? It recently came out for Android. It's very cheap and I could make good use of it, but the framerate is 30fps and some comments say that it's not enough, especially for the downswing. Any comments on this?

Golf Apps

Golf Apps

Do you use any golf apps for iphone or other mobile device and if so, what do you use or found helpful?
With me not being smart enough for a smart phone of my own I was wondering what was out there and what anyone was having success with.

Tapatalk (not a golf app, but help with THP)

THP of course. Again not an app but mobile viewing of the home page is wonderful.

Also previewed the new Jeff Ritter app at the show and was pretty impressed.

I also use Tapatalk to view the forum. Its great. As far as golf apps I have written a few times about the Golfshot app! I have tried a bunch of apps and this is the best for GPS and scorekeeping. The makers of Golfshot have a trio of apps that work seemlessly together and are great apps. Golfshot GPS, Golfscape, and Golfplan. They have a free app Golfshot that just does scorekeeping. As far as swing evaluation apps V1 and Swingplane are the best IMO. If you search for Golfshot I am sure it will bring up one of my lengthy reviews of this app. Same with V1 or Swingplane. Hope this helps!

Golf Monthly app for iPad and iPhone has Gary Smith linear short game coach teaching you with loads of videos. It's helped my short game.

Diablo Golf iphone app is great for posting scores to your GHIN handicap account.

I have Golfshot GPS, SwingReader, iSwing, and the GolfNow app on my iPhone. They all work great for me.

GolfcardPro is my favorite. Syncs right with my OOB account.

I use Tapatalk cause it's easier to use with THP. Just recently started using oobgolf. We'll see how well this works.

I forgot to include Tapatalk. Tapatalk works great too.

I use SkyDroid for my Droid Incredible. It is as accurate as any other GPS I have tried.

I just used Golfscape today and it was a lot of fun, I think the measurements may be off by a few yards. But it was very cool to use!

Back