Golf Grips: How do you setup your bag?

I have considered, but never followed through on, different color grips for the 6i and 9i, and for each wedge.

I've done black/grey on irons, and blue/grey on wedges. Easier to see what you want on the range when I've got about 6 clubs surrounding the bag.

I prefer to have the same grips on all my clubs but I don't usually replace them on new clubs I just acquired. Right now my irons have the same grips, wedges and woods have whatever came on them. I am about to change the grip on my driver as it has gotten a bit slick.

Most of my grips are the same. I've got some outliers though... and they aren't changing.

All irons and FW/Hybrids are the MCC Align +4. The driver and wedges are not align models so I can adjust or open the face of wedges.

Tour Velvet for all of my grips, except my new CBX2 wedges. I haven't had a chance to change them out yet.

13-Z cord midsize with 3 extra wraps under the lower hand, Lamkin deep etched cord on the putter

No matching here. Currently a smorgasbord of grips. Woods Jumbo Max, irons TV Miss and wedges TV Jumbo. Putter well I just ordered a oversized SS yesterday.

I have played CP2 Pro on irons and MCC+4 non align on woods and hybrids for a couple years now but I am going with CP2 on everything going forward. I prefer an all rubber grip instead of the half cord.

Twelve are all the same: CP2 Pro midsize. The 5w is different because it came with a suitable grip: CP2 Wrap midsize. Putter's different.

I have MCC+4 on my driver and woods. I have Lampkin Crossline+ on my irons and wedges. I like the Lampkins. I just happened to buy all the woods with the MCC4 on them or regripped to those before I discovered the Lampkins for half the price.

13 grips same, even the tape underneath. Only difference is the putter.

13 Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT and a Super Stroke Flatso 1.0 grips

I’m all over the place with my grips.... I have a couple older clubs in the bag, 5W, GW, 58* and I’ve not changed grips for fear of jinxing feel and confidence. 😳

In the past, it hasn't bothered me to have a mix, so long as none of them were the awful MCC grips. I just cannot stand to use those.

I had 13 of the same in Sept until I switched the shaft in the driver. I don't think it made a noticeable difference in my play, though.

I can't even tell the align is there. Others have mentioned they can't put those on wedges, but i like it because more often than not I have a straight forward wedge shot and the grip just sets in my hands correctly. one less thing for me to worry about.

I have the same 13 grips on my clubs and a Scotty grip on my putter. I have the MCC+4 align my clubs, I no longer use a glove because of the grips and I especially like them on my wedges. I rarely open the face except on my 60 and it doesn’t bother me with the Align grips.

I have 3 different Tour Velvet grips on my Woods and irons. Tour Velvet 360 Midsize on driver and 3 wood. Tour Velvet +4 midsize on hybrid and 5i-SW. Tour velvet jumbo on my 60º and Tour SNSR Contour Pro on my putter.

Wood, irons have the same grip. Smaller size in my wedges and the putter grip is a different brand

All (13) are the same except for the putter.

The only reason my putter's grip is different from the other 13 clubs, is because it's grip is part of it's the counter weight system.

I have wraps on my Driver, FW, & Hybrids. I have non wrap on all the rest.

Driver through to PW have the Align grips on them, then on my 50/54/58 wedges I have Tour Velvet so that the grip feels the same regardless of how much I open the face
Putter is SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0

If I didn't have the Align grips on my clubs, I would likely go for the same grip all the way through to my wedges, or if I change the grips on my wedges I might go for the normal MCC ones without the Align

13 the same unless a new purchase made and similar grip not available. I do my own regripping but don't maintain tons of supplies.

Current Set-up:
DR-9I - Forward Golf
Wedges - Winn Dri-Tac
Putter - SuperStroke

My driver, 3w, UT and wedges all have the same grips - Golfpride Tour Velvet 360
My Irons all have the same grips - Golfpride MC +4

I prefer having the same grips across all non-putter clubs. Right now I have a mix. I have liked the CP2 pro grips and TV is always a good option for me. Sizing is harder. Based on hand size, midsize grips are a good fit. But I also like to build up regular size grips with a little more under the left hand. Also how the diameter does have a small impact on how I bring hands through at impact. I have some exploration to do here. I may find I prefer different grip diameter in different clubs but don't see myself using different grip models.

Back