Golf Hoodies: Where do you stand now?

I just wear regular hoodies but I am all in on hoodies for golf.

Usually UA quarter Zips with a hood. But I do have awesome Columbia Omni-Heat hoodies if it's really cold. Don't need as many layers with Omni-Heat. And they aren't cotton. Quick drying synthetics. As the old saying goes-" Cotton Kills" .

I basically live in them. See every picture since the weather turned. Actually, first got broke out this fall at the Morgan Cup!

20231008_064907.jpg

I wore a hoody golfing before they were hip. My well used Patagonia R1 1/2 zip hoody has seen lots of use in colder temps. I have a couple other hoodies that I also wear golfing. I am not sure why there would be an issue with a hoody other than the hood flopping around on windy days can be a bit bothersome.

And, yes, I have worn the hoody over my head while golfing. I'm in the mountains. It gets cold.

I have a few but will admit I have not worn one on the golf course. I am concerned the hood moving around will bother me. I am totally fine with them on the course though.

Don't like them myself, mostly because I don't like wearing a hood (except in a snowstorm). Someone wearing one on course doesn't bother me, however.

I have had one for a couple of years now, and I really like it. It’s more of an outdoor work type style/colour but it is extremely warm and durable versus a fashion item. I typically wear it in the fall when I shutting down the yard for the season or cutting down trees, with the hoodie in full force.mm In fact, actually, I wore it this morning while I was cutting down a couple trees and hauling all the waste to a big pile to get chipped up.

I think I’ve only worn it once for golf, though, as I have enough quarter zips to do me the rest of my life, so I have a hard time justifying buying another hoodie given the cost. If I saw another for a great price, I would certainly not hesitate buying one for golf/casual wear.

Have never worn one, no plans to.

We have had this convo a while back, and it was dicey at times….but I want to know where everyone’s mind on golf hoodies are now a year-plus down the road?
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Love golf hoodies & have 5 of them now.

I love hoodies, I’m wearing one now

Don’t understand wearing one for golf as I’ll never play when I need to put up the hood…. so what’s the point of that instead a 1/4 zip?

To me, it certainly doesn’t look better.

Doesn’t make sense at all to wear a hoodie for golf

But, I’m older than most here, so get off my lawn 😂

I wore one today, though it's not really a golf hoodie.

Honestly, I don't get the whole hoodie debate. I always thought a big part of the debate centered around people wanting to wear them because they weren't allowed to, not because they are more comfortable to wear than any other traditional golf apparel.

Honestly, I don't get the whole hoodie debate. I always thought a big part of the debate centered around people wanting to wear them because they weren't allowed to, not because they are more comfortable to wear than any other traditional golf apparel.
There is no debate, hoodies are indeed fantastic. 😎🤣

I like the look of them and have no problem with them being worn, that being said, they are not for me. I’d rather wear a 1/4 zip than a hoodie.

I am fully in on them, perfect for fall golf.

I've gone full circle. I now assume everyone not wearing a hoodie is an elitist scumbag lol. (Jk, of course)

I'm trying to bring world's together by wearing my hoodies with saddle shoes. Peace and love lol.

I have a couple and like wearing them. Although, still wear a quarter zip more often.

Golf hoodies are fantastic. Give it a quarter zip neck as well and it's perfect.

I love golf hoodies! My preferred garment in the fall and winter for sure! New materials and fabric tech make them better and better every year

I like them. I'll wear them. I try not to let what other people enjoy bother me. Especially if it doesn't affect me.

Not a fan of hoodies at all 🤷‍♂️ Never have been. I own one, which I wear only very rarely. As such: It's unlikely I will ever even own a golf hoodie, much less wear it on the course.

Need to add a few for winter to wear under a vest. Recommendations? Hoping the puma hoodies go on sale again... That unreal barstool was sweet

Rarely need warm clothes to golf in north Florida but if I do I prefer a 2/4 zip and a beanie over a hoodie.

Need to add a few for winter to wear under a vest. Recommendations? Hoping the puma hoodies go on sale again... That unreal barstool was sweet
Just remember the UNRL hoodies are very high necked.

Just remember the UNRL hoodies are very high necked.
Perfect for the winter wind blocker here I'm November and early spring.

I have a adidas high neck and normal wear is wierd but in the elements staying warm it's great.

Looking for more versatile though I think the under armour sale was perfect for golf hoodies.

Back