Freight-train

Reaction score
Handicap
Going to be spending Labor Day weekend in Cape Cod. Never played a course on the cape and want to get out there and swing the sticks.

Lots of courses to choose from.

We we will be staying in Yarmouth. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captains' course in Brewster is solid - two courses to pick from, both good - I like the Port course better. Dennis pines is probably the closest, and is well regarded. From what I hear, it's quite tight.

Not on the cape, but on the other side of the bridge - both courses at Pinehills are great, and it's a fantastic facility.

Hyannis Golf Club has some decent rates for the Cape and is usually in decent condition. Only a couple of towns over from Yarmouth.

http://www.barnstablegolf.com

I've play Hyannis and it is indeed a decent course.

Not sure what it costs now but I always enjoyed Cranberry Valley in Harwich. Labor Day is usually a good time to visit, lots of tourists are already clearing out so the traffic isn't horrible.

Cranberry Valley, Captains Port or Starboard, Dennis Pines, Dennis Highlands are all good choices. I'd opt for Captains, or Cranberry Valley.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Olde Barnstable Fairgrounds is a good option close by; Bass River is right in Yarmouth and a fun old Donald Ross track; Cranberry Valley is great, as are the two Captain's courses. Dennis Pines and Highlands are good options as well. If you drive a bit up towards Truro, Highland Links is a 9 hole course that is the oldest on the Cape and the only true links course in the area which is pretty cool.

Back