Golf in Norfolk, VA

ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Heading to Norfolk, VA for 2 weeks for the Navy and should have some free time. I fly out tomorrow, May 17th. Any recommendations on courses? Taking my clubs with me.

Not for golf but some good dining stuff. Italian place in the Hilton is fanatic. Great grilled cheese place right down there too 😀

I live in the area and play all over...Heron Ridge in Virginia Beach is nice, VB National also VB is also nice. Riverfront in Suffolk is nice, I'd say there are plenty of other options which are nice also. Those would be my top 3. Go to Golfnow and plug in Norfolk and you can see about 15 options in area. The 3 I mention tend to be pretty busy...

Not for golf but some good dining stuff. Italian place in the Hilton is fanatic. Great grilled cheese place right down there too 😀
I'm staying at the Hampton Inn right off base. I'm not sure if all the places have opened back up but I'm definitely down for a good grilled cheese!

I live in the area and play all over...Heron Ridge in Virginia Beach is nice, VB National also VB is also nice. Riverfront in Suffolk is nice, I'd say there are plenty of other options which are nice also. Those would be my top 3. Go to Golfnow and plug in Norfolk and you can see about 15 options in area. The 3 I mention tend to be pretty busy...
Thanks. I will definitely check them out. Once I get my schedule on Monday I'll be able to nail down some times to play!

Thanks. I will definitely check them out. Once I get my schedule on Monday I'll be able to nail down some times to play!
All the golf courses have been open straight thru this crap storm....Restaurants, well not so much. Take out only...But that situation is evolving. Just not sure as I haven't even thought of going out to eat for a while now.....

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn right off base. I'm not sure if all the places have opened back up but I'm definitely down for a good grilled cheese!

My sister and brother and law live there (he is a Navy pilot).

My sister and brother and law live there (he is a Navy pilot).
Nice. I'm going to help out on the Norfolk Air Field because they are short staffed due to the COVID-19.

If you are at Oceana Naval Air Station they have 2 golf courses on base (Aeropines Golf Club, (Tomcat and Hornet)). The 3 courses GolfTravelDude mentioned are all good courses.

If you are at Oceana Naval Air Station they have 2 golf courses on base (Aeropines Golf Club, (Tomcat and Hornet)). The 3 courses GolfTravelDude mentioned are all good courses.
I will be at Norfolk Air Terminal

Thanks everyone! Now @JB has me thinking about grilled cheeses! 🤣🤣🤣

Where'd ya play?

Where'd ya play?
Ended up playing at the base course right outside Norfolk Naval Station. It was real close to my hotel and replay rates were good.

Going to be up in Little Creek as of Friday afternoon for 2 weeks if you are interested in getting together to play a round. I don't know what my schedule will look like yet, but I am bringing my clubs in the event I have time to play.

Going to be up in Little Creek as of Friday afternoon for 2 weeks if you are interested in getting together to play a round. I don't know what my schedule will look like yet, but I am bringing my clubs in the event I have time to play.
As I'm retired I can play most anytime. There are a hand full of places to play near by where you will be. Hells Point, Heron Ridge, VB National .....Once you are aware of your schedule just pass a note and I'm sure we can meet up.

As I'm retired I can play most anytime. There are a hand full of places to play near by where you will be. Hells Point, Heron Ridge, VB National .....Once you are aware of your schedule just pass a note and I'm sure we can meet up.
Sounds good. I’ll let you know as soon as I get my schedule.

I was in Little Creek back in the early 80's....I bet it changed a lot since i was stationed there

I was in Little Creek back in the early 80's....I bet it changed a lot since i was stationed there
It’s been over a year since I’ve been. Normally up there once a quarter for the Navy but COVID screwed that up lol. Starting to get back to somewhat of a norm.

Back