Golf Logix for Iphone?

h2ojon

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok so I am going to get a GPS this year and am between the Bushnell Yardage Pro XGC and the Golflogix for the Iphone app. I am due to get a new phone at the beginning of next month and will be getting the Iphone and really dont want to have to spend another $250 for a stand alone GPS if the golflogix app is good. I would just like some insight from some of the members that have used one or the other or both. Bear in mind that I do play D III golf so accuracy is important. Thanks

Jon

Ive since switched to a Droid but back when I had an iPhone it was always the same problem-battery life. The golf GPS programs just destroy the battery and real fast. But I cant I ever tried the one youre looking at. Id read all the reviews and see if they mention battery life along with the accuracy. Just my .02

The BF has this on his iPhone, I think its $35/year. I think he likes it :confused2: I don't use it since I have my own GPS, but he's shown me a few times what it looks like and its nice, has a really cool aerial view of the holes too. If you change the settings, you can save the battery life on it.

Just make sure you have your iphone tuned right to conserve battery life. Before I only used to get 9-11 holes out of it but now I manage to get a full 18 in with a single charge

My only issue is that those apps DRAIN the batteries BIG TIME

i used golfshot GPS which was a one of charge of £18 and no subscription.
new courses were added very quickly on request, and the performance was fine. i managed 18 holes no problem.
worth a look and much cheaper than a monthly subscription

I just got the Golfshot GPS. I can't wait to see how it does.

After reading many reviews, I picked up the ViewTi for the iPhone. Haven't got to use it yet, but it looks like it will be a great tool. It's a one time fee of $30.

Viewti Golf 2010

GolfShots is great. Worth all $30. With the right settings it will last a round. I don't check it every shot though.
The score keeping and stats are great.

Re: Golf Logix for Iphone?

I originally used View Ti, but switched to GolfShot when it became available... Mostly due to GS's statistic tracking, nicer GUI, and layup targets.
Now I upgraded to View Ti 2010, and I may go back when I play my first round of the season this week. I like the ability to track the distance I hit each individual iron, and the GUI is even prettier than GS IMO.
The iPhone is a great GPS rangefinder, you just need an ability to recharge (with a battery pack) during the round.

I use it. Bought a monoprice battery extender for $15, no worries with battery drain. IMO, it works as well as OnPar with the advantage of not having to download courses to your computer.

Use IPhone with Golflogix software. I find the distance accuracy consistenly matching other people's GPS systems. As stated make sure you turn down the brightness and turn off Blue Tooth. Also if you have Email on the phone turn off the Fetch Email and do manually while playing golf. Last there is a seperate charger for about $40 (Best Buy) that plugs right into your Iphone. Very small device and will fully charge your phone while playing in a few holes. Use it all the time with no issue.

Iphone with golflogix, I cannot (synch score-stats) . I continue to get an error message. Error code = GLX3009 : Unable to perform operation. I have emailed golflogix 6 times and cannot get an answer from them. Thought I would check here before I call them.

i used golfshot GPS which was a one of charge of £18 and no subscription.
new courses were added very quickly on request, and the performance was fine. i managed 18 holes no problem.
worth a look and much cheaper than a monthly subscription

I second the Golfshot: GPS for the iPhone.

Very accurate, TONS of courses, and the stats are sweet.

I have the 3GS, and keep my iPhone on at all times with 1/4 brightness and I only lose about 35% battery life while running the app too.

May be a little late since I just joined, but the golflogix for Iphone is the cats meow. I,ve had the sky caddie since they first came out then sent to Sonocaddie, both worked great, but the Iphone with golflogix has them boht beat. It is so easy to use and is as accurate as any GPS that I have played with with other golfers! Everything is on the touch screen and you don't have to push any extra buttons to navigate.......big +

I just downloaded the golf logix today and played a round. I really liked it. I compared distances with my Nikon rangefinder and found it to be within 1-2 yds.

I have been playing the GolfLogix for about a year now and I love it. It has its days where its off depending on the satellites that day but overall its a great app. I keep all my stats and have all my rounds logged for the past year. Keeps track of all kinds of info and you can monitor your progress.

The new software release is great and for $30 year you cant beat it. i may get a range finder as well but will still use this to keep track of my stats and club distances etc.

For the battery issue, there are some solar panel chargers you can get at electronic stores that can connect to your iPhone and charge it while playing. I used one when testing them for a friend on my SkyCaddy and it always kept it topped off.

The one I tested was made by Revolve and I think they are available at Amazon. Pricey ($80), and I may buy one eventually, but it did the trick and should keep an iPhone alive for a round

I love golflogix but on the iphone. I had it for Droid, used all the battery saving techniques, phone dead at 16th hole. With the iphone and battery saving techniques, I have at least a 1/4 battery life to check my msgs and call after the round.

Thanks Verizon!

I have the Golflogix on my i phone and love it...when I get the chance, plan to upgrade, but for now using the free portion it is good. You do have to be careful with the battery life, I try to remember to give the phone a bit of a charge on the way to the course to help out as well.

Golflogix

Golflogix

I use the golflogix app om my IPhone 3GS, it's as accurate as my buddies who carry sky caddy units and it keeps all my stats I can record my club distances and it suggests which club to use. Heck it has betting games and will figur how much your buddies will owe you when you kick their butts :act-up:

As far as battery life goes just follow the battery saving instructions and I've never had issues.

Last time I played I couldn't get the aerial imagery to load on my Iphone but other than that Golflogix is a good way to go if you use the free version. The stat tracking is pretty sweet can't wait till the end of the season to see how I did this year. I lock my phone after I hit my shot and have no problems with battery life

I had it on my Blackberry and I know another person that had it on an HTC Incredible. It might not die in the middle of the round, but if you want to use your phone as a phone before or after your round, you better bring a charger. As for the aerial imagery, it bricked my phone every time.

Back