Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
So.. I never signed up for this. I have no idea how it started coming to me. As far as I know I am not paying for it.

but I have been having the golf magazine show up every month now for like 4 months..

many one else have random golf mags showing up??

for the most part, I thumb through it then throw it away..

0660527D-AE58-4D48-9374-E5DD606D2A15.jpeg

Hnmmm. Four months is too long for secret Santa. Perhaps you purchased something golf related from a store that included a complimentary sub? I believe RockBottomGolf used to do this

i know global golf would throw in free yearly subscriptions with purchases over a certain amount...because i have them...i keep them next to the sh***er

Hnmmm. Four months is too long for secret Santa. Perhaps you purchased something golf related from a store that included a complimentary sub? I believe RockBottomGolf used to do this
This is probably it. But I have no idea what “it” was...

I think I'm getting it as a freebie for something I bought before, maybe from my fitting at C.C. Golf magazine has so many ads, I'm not sure they need us to pay for it.

I think I'm getting it as a freebie for something I bought before, maybe from my fitting at C.C. Golf magazine has so many ads, I'm not sure they need us to pay for it.

haha. I agree. I don’t really find them useful. There is maybe one article per issue that I find interesting enough to more than skim.

how many more articles can they write that start with “fix your slice now!”

Yep same for me. I got it a couple different times for a solid 6 months or so and never subscribed. I think it's happened 2 different times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep. I had it last month. It was the 100 best golf courses in America edition so it looks good under the glass coffee table. Missus also signed me up to Golf Digest one year as a birthday present. Told her not to renew as I never read it. I think I received copies for around 5 years in total LOL.

haha. I agree. I don’t really find them useful. There is maybe one article per issue that I find interesting enough to more than skim.

how many more articles can they write that start with “fix your slice now!”

As many times as there is a literate slicer out there.

A few courses by me have people set up at a par 3 "raffling" for like $10-$20 a shot, a golf trip for a hole in one, or a gift card to the course if you get it within a club length. But just for playing you get a subscription to Golf Magazine and like $5-$10 off an item in the pro shop. I usually do it but bet on my 4 handicap buddy instead of me lol. Won a $200 gift card once because he stuck it close... But with that said I always get Golf Magazine because I do the raffle a few times a year.

Golf Magazine I got free from some contest I signed up for, still getting it after 3 years. I signed up for Golf Digest and their weekly magazine for a 3 year subscription for $5 about 5 years ago. Their weekly discontinued and they transferred the subscription to Golf Digest. I'm good through 2026 with no further charges.

What did I say wrong?
Nothing at all. There will always be a market for "Fix Your Slice in 15 Minutes" articles/videos. They're the Hallmark Christmas movies of the golf world - only three or four basic ideas, infinite ways to put wrinkles on them, and seemingly insatiable demand.

How many of you have a skytrak? My subscription came with it, and it renews when I renew.

I subscribe to 5 golf mags for content on courses, travel and rankings.

I get it sent to me and never bought it. It is definitely a perk for some website like Rock bottom.

Nothing at all. There will always be a market for "Fix Your Slice in 15 Minutes" articles/videos. They're the Hallmark Christmas movies of the golf world - only three or four basic ideas, infinite ways to put wrinkles on them, and seemingly insatiable demand.
Those types of articles seem to be in so many magazines. I stopped getting Men's Health for the same reason. Seemed like a rotation of articles, abs, lose weight, or better biceps. But, you're right the market for stuff like that is there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

think others covered this, I just got the new golf digest just now, don't think I have subscribed to that for about 4 years but it keeps showing up and everyone once in a while it comes wrapped in plastic with renewal notices...

I don't know the model anymore, but is most of the revenue they generate come from ad sales which is directly tied to subscribers? I know a couple of our trade publications that are like that. we get 5 of one of them every week and we have called to tell them we only need one and that 1 person that they send it to retired, another doesn't work here and hasn't for almost a decade and another is no longer on this plane of existence.... yet they keep sending all 5.

think others covered this, I just got the new golf digest just now, don't think I have subscribed to that for about 4 years but it keeps showing up and everyone once in a while it comes wrapped in plastic with renewal notices...

I don't know the model anymore, but is most of the revenue they generate come from ad sales which is directly tied to subscribers? I know a couple of our trade publications that are like that. we get 5 of one of them every week and we have called to tell them we only need one and that 1 person that they send it to retired, another doesn't work here and hasn't for almost a decade and another is no longer on this plane of existence.... yet they keep sending all 5.

That's how I understand the game is played, also.

I got a free subscription through rockbottom like 3 or 4 times. Been receiving them for years.

I subscribed to it for 1 yr a few years ago when I caught the bug to start playing more, and it's still coming now and will be thru Dec 2022.

I'll never pay for it again, though.

So.. I never signed up for this. I have no idea how it started coming to me. As far as I know I am not paying for it.

but I have been having the golf magazine show up every month now for like 4 months..

many one else have random golf mags showing up??

for the most part, I thumb through it then throw it away..

View attachment 8988591

This issue showed up in my mailbox this afternoon. Didn't pay for a subscription either. Have had these things happen before. Usually I just ignore them and they go away eventually.

Back