Golf Mats - What ya got?

I'm glad I found this because I am in the process of making space for a hitting bay in the garage. I have been going back and forth on what mat to choose. Im glad to see some went with the CCE strip and built up a mat around it. That was something that I wanted to do as well but wasn't sure if that was doable. As of right now I'm torn between doing that or going with a Motivo Golf Mat.

I'm glad I found this because I am in the process of making space for a hitting bay in the garage. I have been going back and forth on what mat to choose. Im glad to see some went with the CCE strip and built up a mat around it. That was something that I wanted to do as well but wasn't sure if that was doable. As of right now I'm torn between doing that or going with a Motivo Golf Mat.
There are 2 benefits to, make that 3 benefits, to using the CCE strip. First is cost, second is the feel on shots. If you hit it fat, you'll know it. And lastly, your joints will be much happier.

I have a fiberbuilt mat, very durable and I like that I can replace pieces as they wear.

We are mats only at the golf courses this winter and I was thinking of picking up one of these to help with my wrist issues hitting off of mats.

Apparently discontinued by manufacturer:(:mad::mad::(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Stalwart Foam Mat Floor Tiles

These are the foam pads I use to build up the mat to the height of the CCE strip. They are on sale on amazoon right now. About half the price I initially paid for them. My mat is 4x5 so about a foot sticks out at the rear of the mat. I cut a pool noodle up and slid the pieces over the sides and rear of the padding and it makes a good ball tray.

27B8419E-893F-4682-8A42-F7316FAE0F74.jpeg

True Strike.

Freaking adore it

Are you still using your indoor setup? How is it working for you?
I am, not as much as I should, but I am. I enjoy it. It works, if I’m working on the right things. Like going to move it all to the course soon to have a setup for the kids to use in bad weather, and for me to coach on.

Fiberbuilt, and just a no namer with a rubber mat underneath for a stance mat for people who aren't right (aka lefties), as they use the same hitting strip off the fiberbuilt.

1612288000463.png

Is motivo a good one?

I just got a Rukket Portable Driving Range with their 3-1 mat, plus their standing mat.

After hitting off this thing for a month, I’m in the market again. The big problem for me is the small hitting area.

I’ve bounced two clubs off the concrete floor in my garage on misfits behind the ball, one of which was my driver which cracked and is now useless. Thankfully, it was just a cheap clone I’ve had for around 15 years. Definitely not hitting a new driver off my current mat though. I don’t trust my swing enough.

Think I’m just going to pony up for a 4x8 Fiber Built this time.

I need a mat that doesn't slide on a garage floor after about 20 swings. What are some heavier options or ways to keep it in place (temporary setup)?

True Strike looks to be the way to go, based on reviews. My concern has always been beating up on my elbows and wrists on mats. Our driving range is ok, but I can't hit off their mats, I'm hurting for days. So, when I go to get a new hitting mat, I think I know what way to go now.

True Strike looks to be the way to go, based on reviews. My concern has always been beating up on my elbows and wrists on mats. Our driving range is ok, but I can't hit off their mats, I'm hurting for days. So, when I go to get a new hitting mat, I think I know what way to go now.

Fiber Built has a similar design to prevent injuries. Their Rectangle Performance Turf Tee Boxes are a couple hundred cheaper than True Strike mats though. That’s why I‘m 99% sold on a Fiber Built for myself.

here is the one I got. Did lots of research, and this one is gooood! Zero wear and tear on body with this one.
https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/collecti...ded-traditional-stance-mat-system-nylon-grass

If you do order one, and don't like their rubber tees that come up through the bottom, just ask, and they will send you a hitting strip without the holes. You can use any tee on these.
There are a lot of mats people recommend that are not good for joints, elbows, so just make sure you do your research. And these recommendations come up in every thread like this, so be careful.

This is what I have and I love it. I have banged countless balls on this thing and no elbow or wrist issues at all. The only negative is if you hit it fat at all it creates a crazy hook/pull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got the Fiberbuilt 7x4 Studio mat on order now. Probably could have gone with the 5x4, but I won’t mind the extra two feet. I don’t like hitting near the edge of a mat. I get into my head and screw up my shot.

Back