Golf Notes/Diary/Tips - Do you keep a record?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious....any of you guys write down your key thoughts and swing tips?

If so, where do you record them? As picture, photos, videos, written notes?

I keep a listing in my cell phone notes. I find it really handy to go back to old notes on swing thoughts that worked well for me. Sometimes if I get a bit lost, I’ll revisit my notes and find a gem or two.

If you record yours, tell us one you have in there?

One I have is : Play with your eyes.

There is a place on the internet that holds all thoughts :D

Curious....any of you guys write down your key thoughts and swing tips?

If so, where do you record them? As picture, photos, videos, written notes?

I keep a listing in my cell phone notes. I find it really handy to go back to old notes on swing thoughts that worked well for me. Sometimes if I get a bit lost, I’ll revisit my notes and find a gem or two.

If you record yours, tell us one you have in there?

One I have is : Play with your eyes.
I used to keep them in hand but over the last year I've gone digital. I keep videos of practice sessions over the last year or so for a quick reference when things go bad too.
Two of the most referenced: (1) shorten up when things stray; (2) swing the club, don't pull the handle

I was just adding notes on my iPad concerning my swing. I definitely need to visit it more often...

Yes, here are Some actual notes to myself over the last few rounds found in my notes app where I kept score this year. Some real motivational gems in here.

Hole 17 - 6 2 putt. You are an idiot
Hole 2 - implosion
Hole 9 - quit golf sh*t head
Hole 14 - you suck at putting
Hole 18 - (too many explicitives to post)
Hole 6 complete sh*t show 2 putt - you suck

I tried but as I evolve the prior notes become obsolete.

Yes, here are Some actual notes to myself over the last few rounds found in my notes app where I kept score this year. Some real motivational gems in here.

Hole 17 - 6 2 putt. You are an idiot
Hole 2 - implosion
Hole 9 - quit golf sh*t head
Hole 14 - you suck at putting
Hole 18 - (too many explicitives to post)
Hole 6 complete sh*t show 2 putt - you suck
You're much nicer to yourself than I am. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I do keep one in my cell phone notes with whatever my current swing thoughts/tips are. I'll occasionally glance at it before a round, or sometimes during a round if things are falling apart and I need a quick reminder.

Generally, my stats in Arccos and TheGrint are the only notes I need. But I do come here and air my grievances about my poor play and the occasional good round.

Nope. I don't keep swing thoughts outside of my head.:ROFLMAO:

When I first read that title I thought it said Dairy Tips, got excited for a minute!!! 🥛
I look at my Grint stats but make notes on the phone on occasion.

I carry a soft folder (6X7) flip pouch with my golf info in it. It's actually a picture album with clear plastic sleeves that hold the paper work.

It contains stuff like carry yardages for each club, including up hill, down hill, and wind info.

Also, info on how to set up/hit various shots I might need, or situations I find myself having to hit out of.

How to read greens notes. Pitch/chip club selection notes. Carry, and roll stuff.

One of the more important pieces of info it contains is info on why I hit a bad shot, and how to fix the swing problem that caused it. This helps with on course fixes as needed.

I've had it for a few decades. I don't use it much anymore, as most of the info is in my memory banks. However, sometimes as a refresher, I will read through it, and have a "oh yeah" moment.

I think every golfer should keep a golf note book. It can only help.

Mine has 34 pages, (front & back) in it.

Maybe we should all get together and create a book of golf notes? It bet it would be interesting to compare notes because I bet a majority surround the same issues, just explained or noted differently. I bet some folks have diagrams too.

I find the notes I'm keeping today are more about pre-round activities like stretching. After that a run-down of the main issues that generally plague me like ensuring I rotate back while keeping handle in front of the chest, and then initiate the down swing with my lower body, and address position in terms of distance from the ball. For some reason I can easily setup too far away with a slumpy-looking address position at the beginning of a round which is probably due to being on the computer too much.

I keep a note on my phone of little swing tips and whatnot. Always read it before playing a full round and if things start going south. My rule for this is it's only 5 thoughts max and if I add one I have to delete one. Kind of a distillery of my current swing.

I do keep one in my cell phone notes with whatever my current swing thoughts/tips are. I'll occasionally glance at it before a round, or sometimes during a round if things are falling apart and I need a quick reminder.
Me too, but I tend to not want to read those during a round for some reason. Instead, if I have a pressing issue I will write it down as reminder on the scorecard so I see it all the time.

Another thing that helps me is to have a custom inscription put on the ball itself, like a main thought that sums-up a series of movements or pre-shot routine. Most of the balls say "INTERNAL ROTATION" which means (to me) rotate back, initiate down swing with lower body, rotate to finish. Just a quick summary as a reminder to "level-set" or avoid meandering off-track. The other inscription I order is when I'm more focused on putting which says "MINIATURE GOLF" which reminds me of the days when putting was all about fun which helps me to relax.

I keep a note on my phone of little swing tips and whatnot. Always read it before playing a full round and if things start going south. My rule for this is it's only 5 thoughts max and if I add one I have to delete one. Kind of a distillery of my current swing.
I do the same add/delete but then I find the deleted one comes back and goes to the top of the list again! :oops::D

Datadude, do you remember that pro who did the running hit videos?

I've kept notes on my phone during rounds at bucket list type courses. It's fun to look back.

I do especially for my lessons. Have a little green field notes book and during/after lessons I write down the things to focus on for practice in between lessons. For me I find if I write it down it tends to sink in better but then I will refer back to it when I got practice. It has been helpful.

I used to. Had swing thoughts to get back to when I went astray or when I overexaggerated feelings. Same with some videos of when I play well vs not well to see the difference. Notes on how to play certain holes of courses that I play regularly or will play competitive rounds on. Now I use my grint stats for hole by hole to see how Ive done previously.

Back