vthokies20

Reaction score
Handicap
4.8 GHIN
For those of you that cannot play golf for the entire year, what does your off-season consist of? Do you use a simulator? Indoor driving range? Completely take a few months off?

I usually put the clubs away for a month or two. I might practice putting/chipping indoors. We have an indoor driving range but it's about an hour away, and the closest simulator is about 30 minutes away.

I don't really want to talk of winter and off season just yet :(
There is still time :)

I'm looking at going to some sort of an off-season, just to re-coop and save a little money. Maybe playing once or twice a month until spring rolls around. I'd like to focus on getting in the gym in the 'off-season', but still getting in some range time just to stay fresh.

I'll go on the sim one or two times a month. I do a lot of slow motion indoor swings, mirror work, putting games in the living room, etc.

Oh and a LOT of club ho'ing. I'm worst when I can't play. It's terrible.

If it's above 30 and no frost and snow on the course, I'm walking and playing. Otherwise, it's weekly lessons at GolfTec and lots of indoor practice there too.

For those of you that cannot play golf for the entire year, what does your off-season consist of? Do you use a simulator? Indoor driving range? Completely take a few months off?

I usually put the clubs away for a month or two. I might practice putting/chipping indoors. We have an indoor driving range but it's about an hour away, and the closest simulator is about 30 minutes away.

A combination of everything in your first sentence. USually get our of dodge a few times too and tee it up

I will get to the range on days when its 45 or above and minimal wind. There are a few places with heated tees but the best one is about 45 mins away. The guy running the range by my house is considering setting up a GC2 with simulator and renting out their indoor studio so I may hit that up this year.

other than that will work on putting in the house and drills for takeaway on my full swing

twice a week in simulator

A lot of simulator time this past off season actually seemed to do more harm than good since I hit every shot fat for about a month into the season. So this winter I probably won't play much at all and just practice putting and chipping inside.

We don't have much in the way of sims, so sometimes I will hit the heated range, otherwise I just don't play.

The past couple years I did a lot of simulator time and putting. I also hit whiffle balls in my back yard, which is nice just to get outside a little.

This year I plan on joining a gym and getting back in shape. I will putt and chip and hit the whiffle balls and plan on a trip out west during the winter where I'll do some golfing, but will otherwise focus on some other things and wait until it gets warm enough to go to the range and play.

Just wanted to re-open this discussion. What does everybody here do in the off-season? Where I live there is a period of time where it's too cold (and windy) to be able to get out. No indoor ranges or simulators close to me with exception of a TopGolf that's still not that close. What do you do to not get too out of practice or cold?

Sim time launch monitor time plenty of gym time, also heated driving range and lots of putting

During the off season I plan to work on upper body strength and conditioning plus respiratory and breathing. I also will go to the gym and swim laps in the pool to keep limber.

Back