Golf or Marraige?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't fathom choosing golf over my woman. I guess you are in a tough predicament my man. Good luck to you.

Just think to yourself, WWTD (what would tiger do)

TC

Great one TC!!!! You actually made me laugh out loud! My dog just lifted his head and looked at me as if I was crazy! Bahahahaha!!

i love golf. lots of people on here do. if i could play every day/all day, i would.
my wife thinks i love golf more than her, but i always tell her that golf is a close 2nd.

now i'm sure that we can all admit that there are times when we'd much rather golf than spend time with our wives, but only for that time.
or anything and anyone for that matter!
i'm sure there are times i'd much rather sleep/eat/poop than spend time with my wife/mom/dad/best friend. it just depends on your mood!

now all joking aside...
you say that you can't stand spending time with your wife, but you'd marry her again? that's basically an oxymoron.
marriage is a huge commitment and if you can't make it, then you shouldn't do it.
someone once told me that marriage is not 50/50, it's 100/100...best marriage advice i'd ever heard.
so you need to make sure that you're both putting 100% into your marriage to make it work.

now...there's no rule anywhere that says you have to get married and as bad as it sounds, there's no rule that says you have to stay married.
one of my friends' parents have been married for 20+ years and just divorced because they just grew apart from each other.

i think my best suggestion to you would be to just talk to your wife straight up about the situation and possibly seek marriage counseling.

Revealing comment. Only a person who has no religion whatsoever could leave religion out of this particular topic.

We have a debate room for those types of comments. Please take it there or drop it altoghether.

Thanks

Z, you are seriously messed up in the head and need counseling, preferably from a minister.

Revealing comment. Only a person who has no religion whatsoever could leave religion out of this particular topic.

Wow, Im not sure this has a place outside of the debate room here.
Also not sure that side of judgement should be passed on someone without knowing them.

Wow, Im not sure this has a place outside of the debate room here.
Also not sure that side of judgement should be passed on someone without knowing them.

I am not sure that would even be good in the debate room. That was just a baseless insult, IMO. Be careful with your words, BASD. I kinda took offense to that, and I am sure several others here did as well.

I know that I was greatly involved yesterday with this thread. But I have grown to hate it.

There are so many things I would love to say at this moment, but for my respect to both JB,GG, and the members of this forum i will abstain.

Always a good read this late at night... 0.3 is pretty impressive, does that include drag putts?

Always a good read this late at night... 0.3 is pretty impressive, does that include drag putts?

I think you need an interlock device on your PC like drunks have on their cars... :)

Whenever there is a problem we usually chose one of three options:
1. pretend it doesn't exist.
2. throw stones.
3. Help.

This is not about golf. I know two couples where the wife gave her husband this ultimatum "Jesus Christ or me. I am tired of being second behind Christ".

If the husband is dealing with depression and playing golf instead of doing his chores and responsibilities - he has a problem.

If the wife is dealing with depression and this is how it is manifesting itself - she has a problem and needs help.

This question is just the tip of the iceberg. This family needs help.

I have just skimmed Z's two posts and a page or two, however, there isn't a question in my mind what I'd do...sell the clubs on ebay and go have fun with my wife. If you even have to post this thread, there's already a HUGE problem that most likely either needs counseling or your marriage is already pretty much over. I would never, EVER choose a hobby over my best friend. I think someone posted earlier about what if an accident took golf from you and you already chose your hobby over your wife, I wonder after months of pondering what your answer is to this. I'm sure your wife wouldn't take you back after being hurt so badly. You say she is an amazing woman and fantastic mother to your children, don't you feel you owe her at least some of your time? That's all she's asking for. Lay in bed with her on a Saturday morning and take her to breakfast, watch how happy that makes her! Even if it's not hitting the range once or twice a week, dropping a round or two a week. Take her on a trip somewhere, leave the clubs at home. How about taking up a hobby that interests her? I read that she doesn't work and now you're empty-nesters...she must do something other than sit on the couch of a perfectly clean home.

Frankly, I have the same marriage you do. I love my wife, my child and my golf. But I play once a month, sometimes go 2 months without playing or practicing. I still play to a 4 handicap (shot 80 last weekend without touching my clubs in a month). Yeah, it's not as fun as breaking par consistently, but I get to spend the time with my beautiful bride that I wouldn't have before. I miss golf, sure, but that time with her is something that cannot be replaced. I can always go play next weekend, or in my case on the 24th of Sept as I have a tournament.

In my very unprofessional opinion, it sounds like you need some addiction help. This is no way meant to be a jab at you, so please don't take it that way. But imo, there is NOTHING in this world more important than family, not even golf.

GL sir. And please, post under the anonymous handle so you can update us all.

so glad this thread got bumped again

I dumped Erica last night b/c she tried to tell me I could only golf 4 days a week.

I dumped Erica last night b/c she tried to tell me I could only golf 4 days a week.

how dare she, way to go hawk hehe

how dare she, way to go hawk hehe

Time is running out for you, dude. Maybe you should make a thread and we can discuss.

Time is running out for you, dude. Maybe you should make a thread and we can discuss.

I've got 2 weeks to golf as much as possible and then my golfing career is over:banghead:
My golf or marriage thread will be up Saturday Sept. 17th

golf or marriage.....man, if you just say that it makes you laugh out loud. Who the hell ponders this?

next thread idea:

1 million dollars or AIDS?

golf or marriage.....man, if you just say that it makes you laugh out loud. Who the hell ponders this?

next thread idea:

See maybe I'm missing something, but if someone told me to stop golfing I'd be pissed.

next thread idea:

It's funny because it's true. Some things don't belong on a forum. It's like talking about your daily bowel movements. Oh hey...the Bathroom thread!

What's up THP...just had a ghost poopie...you know, the kind you know is there but it just disappeared. Alright, I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back