Golf pants: belt or no belt?

Do you generally wear golf pants with a belt or without a belt?

• Belt

Votes: 105 94.6%
  • No belt

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Both

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I received my first golf pants from Nike yesterday and they fit perfectly around the waist (I will have to get my wife to shorten them though). No need for a belt. However, I generally wear pants slightly bigger around the waist and use a belt. That made me wonder what THPers usually go for on the course.

If I wear pants I tuck in so normally I will have a belt on. With shorts I go untucked a lot so a belt depends on the fit of the shorts.

Since 95% of my golf is played on courses that require tucked in shirt and a belt, I use one. I generally choose shorts over pants if the temperature is over 50* so hopefully it will only be shorts from now through September. We’ve had a cold start to the golf season here in MN.

if tucked then always wear a belt. ALWAYS.

99% belt. In golf and life.

I wear a belt even if they fit perfectly, because they seem to get looser throughout the day, especially when I'm making golf swings.

I always wear a belt!

Belt, of course.

Always a belt. Regardless of circumstance for me. First off, I'm a belt guy and equally as important it can be used as a makeshift whip for those rambunctious golf course patrons in a time of need!

Always wear a belt when wearing shorts or pants... tucked or untucked.

I’m glad to read that this thread isn’t about Sansabelt golf pants.

The only time I’m not wearing a belt in pants with belt loops is if I’ve forgotten it.

Always a belt.

tucked in, locked in

Always a belt 100% in golf, and 99% the rest.

If your pants have belt loops, wear a belt. Golf or not.

Unless you are wearing suspenders.

This boggles my mind. I wear a belt all the time, pants, jeans, golf shorts, always a belt.

I need a belt to keep my pants from falling down.

Belt -- always

By time I reach in my pocket for tees, ball markers and golf ball a couple dozen times my pants would be halfway to my knees without a belt. Can't imagine how tight the pants would have to be to stay in place without a belt for 18 holes.

Maybe three times in my life I've accidentally left home without putting on my belt. At least twice it was so annoying I bought a belt in the pro shop to hold my pants up!

If I can get away with an untucked shirt then I’ll do so and skip the belt. Otherwise, it’s belt every time.

If you are planning on tucking in your shirt and the pants have belt loops, it would be weird not to wear a belt.

Always a belt on pants with belt loops.

Absolutely always wear a belt. Only time I don’t is when I’m in track pants, and that means I’m not playing golf.

Back