Golf Pride Concept Helix Grips

Nippon Shafts

Tee1Up

Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t think I would want to put the pressure on my graphite shafted clubs by putting the head on the ground and pushing/pulling the grip on. I can see a slip and then a broken shaft.

J.B. Cobb III

J.C. 3 Stix
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I removed the 3 Concept Helix grips from my clubs today and put the Tour Velvet BCT corded grips back on. If anyone would like to try these grips out, please let me know! I will send them your way!

BlueHen2006

Team THP #Grandaddy2018
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The concept of the grip technology is pretty cool, but IDK if it's something I would want to install on my clubs, especially when I am very committed to keeping some form of Align grips on my clubs for as long as they are available. Looking forward to seeing how they improve the product, it's a great way for others to change their own grips without the mess or vise.

erock9174

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I agree with you if you need to do a full set. I didn’t mind the turns with only two clubs. It I could see not being able to do 13 clubs in one sitting without losing feeling in your arms.
I lost feeling after one. 😀

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t think I would want to put the pressure on my graphite shafted clubs by putting the head on the ground and pushing/pulling the grip on. I can see a slip and then a broken shaft.
They asked us in the testing to put on on a driver and hybrid or fairway wood. There's really not a lot of force required to put the grip on via the horn, one could probably do it sideways just as easily to remove or add said grip if they were worried about breakage.

GolfMT36

Reaction score
I watched a youtube review of them and they didn't look quite as easy to put on as I was thinking. Also seems like a very limited number of grip styles would be available using this tech. No Aligns, no rib grip of any kind, or grip with any kind of visual alignment. Also looked like the tool could cause some damage to shaft finish if not careful.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I watched a youtube review of them and they didn't look quite as easy to put on as I was thinking. Also seems like a very limited number of grip styles would be available using this tech. No Aligns, no rib grip of any kind, or grip with any kind of visual alignment. Also looked like the tool could cause some damage to shaft finish if not careful.
Grip styles for now, sure. Gotta remember this is the 1.0 of releases. They’ll indeed improve over time.

Shaft finish, I didn’t notice any damage with just normal use but I also wasn’t dealing with edges and such that would be of concern.

J

Joe R

I'll stick to the old school way this way I know how they feel and how they will play. Being a club maker for the last 35 years this one I have to see

Reaction score
I found these grips to be pretty good. They were easy to install, and I felt they played just like the tour velvet. I did a video review as well, and even took it to the range (See Below). No slippage, felt good, and overall was pleased. The only thing they need to fix with these is the hole in the end of the grip was eliminated. If you use Arccos or other tech like that then this grip becomes not usable. I always have re-gripped my own clubs, but this was too easy to not like.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in