Golf Pride Concept Helix Grips

Nippon Shafts

Tee1Up

Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t think I would want to put the pressure on my graphite shafted clubs by putting the head on the ground and pushing/pulling the grip on. I can see a slip and then a broken shaft.

J.B. Cobb III

I can’t… I have kids!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I removed the 3 Concept Helix grips from my clubs today and put the Tour Velvet BCT corded grips back on. If anyone would like to try these grips out, please let me know! I will send them your way!

BlueHen2006

Team THP #Grandaddy2018
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The concept of the grip technology is pretty cool, but IDK if it's something I would want to install on my clubs, especially when I am very committed to keeping some form of Align grips on my clubs for as long as they are available. Looking forward to seeing how they improve the product, it's a great way for others to change their own grips without the mess or vise.

erock9174

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I agree with you if you need to do a full set. I didn’t mind the turns with only two clubs. It I could see not being able to do 13 clubs in one sitting without losing feeling in your arms.
I lost feeling after one. 😀

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t think I would want to put the pressure on my graphite shafted clubs by putting the head on the ground and pushing/pulling the grip on. I can see a slip and then a broken shaft.
They asked us in the testing to put on on a driver and hybrid or fairway wood. There's really not a lot of force required to put the grip on via the horn, one could probably do it sideways just as easily to remove or add said grip if they were worried about breakage.

GolfMT36

Reaction score
I watched a youtube review of them and they didn't look quite as easy to put on as I was thinking. Also seems like a very limited number of grip styles would be available using this tech. No Aligns, no rib grip of any kind, or grip with any kind of visual alignment. Also looked like the tool could cause some damage to shaft finish if not careful.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I watched a youtube review of them and they didn't look quite as easy to put on as I was thinking. Also seems like a very limited number of grip styles would be available using this tech. No Aligns, no rib grip of any kind, or grip with any kind of visual alignment. Also looked like the tool could cause some damage to shaft finish if not careful.
Grip styles for now, sure. Gotta remember this is the 1.0 of releases. They’ll indeed improve over time.

Shaft finish, I didn’t notice any damage with just normal use but I also wasn’t dealing with edges and such that would be of concern.

J

Joe R

I'll stick to the old school way this way I know how they feel and how they will play. Being a club maker for the last 35 years this one I have to see

Reaction score
I found these grips to be pretty good. They were easy to install, and I felt they played just like the tour velvet. I did a video review as well, and even took it to the range (See Below). No slippage, felt good, and overall was pleased. The only thing they need to fix with these is the hole in the end of the grip was eliminated. If you use Arccos or other tech like that then this grip becomes not usable. I always have re-gripped my own clubs, but this was too easy to not like.

J.B. Cobb III

I can’t… I have kids!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody gaming these? The interest has seemed to wane the last couple months.

JDax

#TheRivalry w/ UST Mamiya- Team JDax
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 10.5
I tested them, loved the concept but didn’t like the grip itself and went back to my MCC Align...

Reframmellator

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m still using them. I like the grips but I’m changing them out because they can’t accept an Arccos sensor. They are a little heavier than equivalent grips and it’s harder in my experience to add wraps than a conventional grip.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Oddly enough, I talked about these with @billyh during the event we did on Monday. The concept is cool, but the feel of the grip didn’t translate well to me. It didn’t feel like a tour velvet, and it never felt like it was super secure on the club even when tightening the heck out of it at times.

It’s also just not the feel of a MCC that I’m used to. Decade or more of them, it’s really hard to forget that feeling. I tried Superstroke grips and they were okay, still went right back a MCC and it was like reuniting with an old friend.

Vortex

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I'm still using them. The size is a good fit to my hand (Standard/Mid tweener). I'll probably go back to Tour Velvets in my wedge and hybrid by might keep the Concept on my driver for a while.

Scorpion12

B + <-- Be Positive. UP! Not down. Nice not mean.
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I took mine off because I picked up a shotscope v3 and the grips wouldn't take a sensor and I didn't want to use tape to cobble something together.

Aside from that, I like them.

Jeff Spicoli

I used to be good at golf
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
History
Still have one on my 54* and on a three iron and have no issues with them. I prefer the feel of my Z-Cords to these but I have played cords of some form or another forever.

Phil75070

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.x
I tested them, install, uninstall, hitting balls, etc. They felt a little thick to me and are a definite no as far as using on the course as they do not accept any shot tracking sensors.

Tread23

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Still have a couple on my 7 iron and Driver. Just got some new clubs though and will be transitioning back to the MCC4's.

Seems the two biggest detractors are the style of grip and not having the ability to put sensors on the end. The product itself has worked really well for me, have not had to tighten the grips hardly at all over the course of 6-7 months. They seem to do what they are supposed to.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

donny475

You can call me SteakSauce
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I tested them and i still have one on a wedge, with he lack of an alignment it was okay, but with it on a 56 or 60 that you may rotate depending on the lie, non factor.

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
no because of weight issues
Yeah, that is definitely something I fight with too. Thankfully it’s fine on the driving iron but it could pose a problem on other clubs.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah, that is definitely something I fight with too. Thankfully it’s fine on the driving iron but it could pose a problem on other clubs.
it's a great concept, but the effect on swingweight could be not insignificant. if this is directed at people who don't have access to a club builder and want to diy, i hope those people are considering swingweight as well.

J.B. Cobb III

I can’t… I have kids!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I took these off and put the tour velvet BCTs back on. It’s a great concept, but not what I’m looking for in a grip.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in