Golf Pride Concept Helix Grips

What do you need a sink for when changing grips ?

i assume solvent. i removed the old grip take with something like goo gone and made a damn mess outside. would never do again. not to mention i wanted to punch a wall i was so frustrated trying to get the tape off.

i assume solvent. i removed the old grip take with something like goo gone and made a damn mess outside. would never do again. not to mention i wanted to punch a wall i was so frustrated trying to get the tape off.
Tape is the absolute devil.

Tape is the absolute devil.

i read a lot about how to do it. thought i had the right stuff. adhesive remover. heat. even used oil per another suggestion. still did an absolute sh1t job of it and never want to do it again.

No need for solvent to remove old tape. About 30 seconds with a heat gun or perhaps longer with a hair drier and the tape peels right off.
As for solvent and new grips I just throw a towel down And let it drip on there. Solvent eventually dries up. Or I’ll let it drip onto a paper towel and then pitch it.

No need for solvent to remove old tape. About 30 seconds with a heat gun or perhaps longer with a hair drier and the tape peels right off.
As for solvent and new grips I just throw a towel down And let it drip on there. Solvent eventually dries up. Or I’ll let it drip onto a paper towel and then pitch it.
I’ve gone the hair dryer route with mixed results.

i read a lot about how to do it. thought i had the right stuff. adhesive remover. heat. even used oil per another suggestion. still did an absolute sh1t job of it and never want to do it again.

It’s like riding a bike friend. We all look pretty stupid at first and have a ton of errors. Then one day it clicks and you’re like OH, that’s not that hard at all. If I can do it, you can certainly do it.

It’s like riding a bike friend. We all look pretty stupid at first and have a ton of errors. Then one day it clicks and you’re like OH, that’s not that hard at all. If I can do it, you can certainly do it.

makes sense. i can’t really ride a bike either.

I was lucky enough to be in the test group. I considered myself to be the perfect fit to test the grip system as I had never even had my grips replaced, much less done it myself. As others have shared, the process of putting the grips on and taking them off again took a bit to get used to, but once done a couple of times, was seamless and easy. I think this product is genius - because it makes changing ones grips something that can be done by anyone, even novice golfers. I believe it’s is going to result in many more golfers buying new grips on a regular basis.

The hardest part of being part of this was not talking about it! :)

Conceptually I think it’s brilliant. In real world use, I’d prefer to have fewer turns and a fox for the bunching issues. Outside of that, I think the idea is innovative and innovation in golf is something I love.
This right here. Too many turns and then the twisting afterward is a bit much I think. There has to be a way they can reduce that I would think.

This right here. Too many turns and then the twisting afterward is a bit much I think. There has to be a way they can reduce that I would think.
I agree with you if you need to do a full set. I didn’t mind the turns with only two clubs. It I could see not being able to do 13 clubs in one sitting without losing feeling in your arms.

I agree with you if you need to do a full set. I didn’t mind the turns with only two clubs. It I could see not being able to do 13 clubs in one sitting without losing feeling in your arms.
Haha yeah, wasn't it like 30 half turns or something to start and then the twist? Just seemed like a lot.

Ironic that you risk golfers elbow by changing your grips.

Haha yeah, wasn't it like 30 half turns or something to start and then the twist? Just seemed like a lot.
Exactly. Felt like I was doing an arms cardio vid. "Okay, we're going to start with 30 half turns. Ready? Here we go and crank it!"
In all seriousness, a full bag would problematic and that all by itself would be a deterrent. The guys at Edwin Watts reshafted my bag in all of 25mins and they saved the old grips.

Exactly. Felt like I was doing an arms cardio vid. "Okay, we're going to start with 30 half turns. Ready? Here we go and crank it!"
In all seriousness, a full bag would problematic and that all by itself would be a deterrent. The guys at Edwin Watts reshafted my bag in all of 25mins and they saved the old grips.

There’s absolutely no requirement that one do an entire set of clubs at one time - I think that’s a red herring. Yeah? It’s a bit of a workout. But the convenience of not having to drop my clubs off, pay someone to do it, or have to get special gear to do them myself the traditional way are attractive selling points imho.

I think they’ll fine tune the product (or a competitor will develop easier systems) and it’ll just get easier with time.

THP.........What is THP..........One would expect that if you are reading this crap about grips........You actually put grips on and take them off........It is the most basic thing about golf clubs.....Your grips have to be in good shape.......I am by no means an expert at regripping......I have done it maybe 100 times......Sometimes it takes a while.....Sometimes I ruin a grip while installing.......It's a bit messy.....But dang.....We are golf addicts and grips are golf addicts 101.

THP.........What is THP..........One would expect that if you are reading this crap about grips........You actually put grips on and take them off........It is the most basic thing about golf clubs.....Your grips have to be in good shape.......I am by no means an expert at regripping......I have done it maybe 100 times......Sometimes it takes a while.....Sometimes I ruin a grip while installing.......It's a bit messy.....But dang.....We are golf addicts and grips are golf addicts 101.
Nope never messed with them and don't intend to start. Take it to Golf USA in Manhattan or to a small shop guy I know and am good with spending the few $'s they charge me. They will check the lofts and lies while doing it.

Nope never messed with them and don't intend to start. Take it to Golf USA in Manhattan or to a small shop guy I know and am good with spending the few $'s they charge me. They will check the lofts and lies while doing it.
I started doing grips when my 4 kids started playing and I built clubs for them and a friend or two or three asked...Then stopped...Now I have 10 gran kids and several are starting to play and Gramps is the go to for all things golf. Personally I'm a ribbed lover so the twist on never gonna be an option for me.

So some things.

I still am impressed with the concept. I love how out there this is and how it's trying to fill a need that may not exist yet.

Im sure this is a later design than what was originally proposed and has gone through the iterative process before getting into our hands.

I think this is cool, but I think there needs to be something else to make this killer.

So some things.

I still am impressed with the concept. I love how out there this is and how it's trying to fill a need that may not exist yet.

Im sure this is a later design than what was originally proposed and has gone through the iterative process before getting into our hands.

I think this is cool, but I think there needs to be something else to make this killer.

It solves the “I need it now” need. No mess, no wait for the solvent to dry and the tape to grab again. A minute or so of work and it’s done and ready for play, much like air installation. The difference there though is this doesn’t move around, nor compromise the integrity of the grip with air pressure.

Thanks for doing the video it was very helpful!! While it's a cool concept, I can do 4-5 clubs with tape & solvent in the 13 min it took to do that one..
I was trying to talk through the steps and show everyone. You can do one grip in a minute once you get good at it.

Back