Golf Pride CP2 Pro Grips - You've Been Tapped

InTheRough

Course Botanist
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16.2
Well I finally did it. I got the grips installed on my clubs and since it was raining out and has been for the past week and will be for the next, I tested them in the bay at the store by hitting about 50 balls.

I have De Quervain’s Syndrome in thumb of my left hand that acts up with impact and overuse. Corded grips of any kind will cause irritation especially at the driving range. I’m one of those poorer people who have to go to public driving ranges that use mats instead of the nice grass driving ranges of private country clubs. So I have to compensate with the grips, graphite shafts, and Sting Stoppers.

One thing that I like about these is that unlike brand W of grips that are really nice for arthritic hands, you can add tape layers to the shaft instead of having to go to a mid-sized grip. And as an added feature they’re larger in the lower half of the grip which allows you to swing more freely. I use a standard size grip + 2 wraps.

On the mats in the store, they absorbed the shock quite well. I have the One Length irons so it’s the same throughout the set. With my F9 hybrids, the rails tend to grab the mat a bit, but the grip helped absorb the shock whereas the corded grip that came with them transmitted that and put me in a thumb brace for a week when I first tried out the clubs. They’re firmer than brand W, but have more cushion than than the Tour Velvets, and a lot more than the corded grips. I really like them and look forward to a pain-free year of golf.

Thanks to THP for “tapping” me for the set of grips.

heeeeeeyyyyyyy! (y)

Looking forward to the feedback!

I have used these for the past two years and I love them. Very soft and work well in hot humid conditions. The reduced taper feels good in my hands.

I have been using CP2 grips for several years now, and I love them. Glad you are enjoying them!

Gonna install one on one of my driver shafts...felt really nice in the store

Back