NEWS Golf Pride Launches MCC Teams Collection

The green and gold looks better in the video than the advertising photos. I could rock them for sure.

Shrewd marketing move by Golf Pride calling them "Team Colors" and not naming them for the university in order to avoid paying licensing fees!
Which in my mind is like the NCAA having players in video games for schools that are the same height, weight, and jersey numbers of players on the team.

That marketing is pushing a fine line of legalities IMO. These are team colors but we aren't going to tell you what team. A school like Ohio State could easily make a case for a red and gray grip. What other sports team could you possibly think it would be with those colors and that marketing.

Which in my mind is like the NCAA having players in video games for schools that are the same height, weight, and jersey numbers of players on the team.

That marketing is pushing a fine line of legalities IMO. These are team colors but we aren't going to tell you what team. A school like Ohio State could easily make a case for a red and gray grip. What other sports team could you possibly think it would be with those colors and that marketing.

There are lots of teams with red and gray.
The Bucs
Houston Rockets
Washtington St

The list is pretty long actually.

There are lots of teams with red and gray.
The Bucs
Houston Rockets
Washtington St

The list is pretty long actually.
Fair enough. I personally dislike Ohio State even though I live here but this is a school that tried to trademark the word "The" within the last year. Their ego can't be stopped when trying to protect their brand. Golf Pride also pretty well knows what fan base is buying those red and gray grips. Maybe they sell a fe sets to a Washington State alumni and fans but the number of OSU alumni and fans will dwarf any other possible teams that buy it.

The same with the carolina blue and white grip. Nobody is buying that except UNC fans. Nobody may "own" those color combinations but the insinuation is there.

Fair enough. I personally dislike Ohio State even though I live here but this is a school that tried to trademark the word "The" within the last year. Their ego can't be stopped when trying to protect their brand. Golf Pride also pretty well knows what fan base is buying those red and gray grips. Maybe they sell a fe sets to a Washington State alumni and fans but the number of OSU alumni and fans will dwarf any other possible teams that buy it.

The same with the carolina blue and white grip. Nobody is buying that except UNC fans. Nobody may "own" those color combinations but the insinuation is there.

I think for some.
The light blue, could be a number of teams too.
While there might be insinuation for some, Golf Pride definitely chose color combinations that hit the masses and in speaking to them, every color chosen has more than a handful of teams.

Not everybody is a college sports fan and these are not just college colors.

Lots of high schools too.

This was brought up in our pre-launch meeting. It is usually thought of as singular, based on one’s geography, but they really are colors used everywhere.

Back