Golf Pride Pro Only Putter Grip Review

Ah. Was going to also venture a guess there. Poly grips with the underscore are great for saving weight. Not so great for durability but I play more than most.
It originally had a Golf Pride Putter grip much like a Pingman.

I’ve been rocking the Red Star on my Olson with Tour Stability setup, and freaking-a it’s such a classic size and shape. Wanted to post up this video again as well for those who don’t know about the line:

I'm all in on the GP NDMC grips, but couldn't pull the trigger on these last night at the Galaxy. Considering I was going away from a Pingman on one putter, these were just a little too similar.

I don't know why but the GP grips were hanging on pegs on the wall and they just looked sad and uninspired the way they were packaged/displayed?
I felt the material on these and the Tour Snsr and they didn't really speak to me (colors mostly on the SNSR.) But at $12.99, a much better buy than $30 super strokes at least.
Ended up with Pingman cord midsize for one of the grips at this pricepoint. Part of me doesn't like when a company takes an iconic name and changes the product. Seems like the "Star Series" would have worked? Red, White and BLUE?? (y)

Still criminally underrated putter grips.

And the corded version is HEAVEN.

168ADF39-4AEE-49B2-9E04-DEFA03F3995B.jpeg

Wish they were black.
I mean, they have those in the standard Pro Only (I know what you meant :LOL:).

The grey pops though, and still doesn’t show dirt, so it’s a win win.;)

I have the Pro Only green corded version on my Evnroll ER5b putter. Absolutely my favorite putter grip of all time (. The feel is amazing and my distance control and putting has never been better). I think one of the things is the Evnroll has a milled face and the feel of that striking the ball combined with the feel in the Pro Only cord is just a combination that feels really good to me. And I just feel confident putting now and I think this grip is one of the factors.

Last edited:
I have the Pro Only green corded version on my Evnroll ER5b putter. Absolutely my favorite putter grip of all time (. The feel is amazing and my distance control and putting has never been better. I think one of the things is the Evnroll has a milled face and the feel of that striking the ball combined with the feel in the Pro Only cord is just a combination that feels really good to me. And I just feel confident putting now and I think this grip is one of the factors.
You know, I’ve still got the Green and Blue that I’ve saved and not put back on anything, the shapes are SO unique. The Red with that classic pistol shape just entrances me, haha

I still miss the Crown Jumbo

crown jumbo xl 142 gr.jpg

I should have said SIK! Missed opportunity there, I’m rusty,

off your game a little bit. It's ok. We forgive you.

Be interesting to see where Golf Pride putter grips are moving forward as I know a very good friend of mine is working on them with them. I know nothing about the product, but have a feeling we will see a lot of options coming soon.

Back