Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro Grips Review

Nippon Shafts

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Best putter grip I’ve ever played, for me.

Truth.

Hope you all enjoy the article.

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Excellent review James! I concur that it is a very solid grip and is the shape that I know and love.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Excellent review James! I concur that it is a very solid grip and is the shape that I know and love.
Thanks buddy. Really hope the color change on this one gets more people to try, plus, the shape is impeccable.

Awstyn

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good Review. Good Product.
Appreciate the write up. This isn't a putter grip you see being used on television all the time, but I hope this gets exposure.
I believe actual golfers will benefit, especially golfers like me who have gotten away from lighter weighted putter heads of the past.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Good Review. Good Product.
Appreciate the write up. This isn't a putter grip you see being used on television all the time, but I hope this gets exposure.
I believe actual golfers will benefit, especially golfers like me who have gotten away from lighter weighted putter heads of the past.
I actually think with THIS shape, we will see some more. The Contour got a little play out there, but not what I expected.

This is THE shape that so many Pro's grew up on, in a modern take. If they have the 75cc version on the Tour for those guys, I'd be stunned not to eventually see a few of them.

Duffer Waldorf

Well-unknown member
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.2 (GG)
Great review. It's a dead ringer for the Ping PP58, shape-wise, which is the reason I bought the 104cc one without actually touching one. I cannot wait to get it on the putter.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Great review. It's a dead ringer for the Ping PP58, shape-wise, which is the reason I bought the 104cc one without actually touching one. I cannot wait to get it on the putter.
Thanks DW!

dazeedmonds

Call me Mr. 24
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
Great review James! I’ve got one of these sitting in my garage waiting for me to figure out what to do with the weighting in my SL putter, probably lead tape in the butt. I’m looking forward to trying this out.

DonJuan

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Me
Good review. I put one (104cc) on my putter last week and love it so far. Played my first round with it yesterday and it felt phenomenal.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks guys!

Parrot

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
LoFT
Thanks for that James. Thanks for putting together a very informative review that was easily understood.

I’ll be following @dazeedmonds for the fix on the SL.

obedt

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
Trying to figure out if you liked it or not :D

I’d be shocked if I didn’t get this on one of my putters at some point. Tried both of the previous designs at 104cc and much preferred the Contour. Can see this one being the best of all 3 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-CRW-

Keeping things real...
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks buddy. Really hope the color change on this one gets more people to try, plus, the shape is impeccable.
I don’t think it’s the red or blue that was the problem. It’s the obnoxious yellow that keeps me away.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I don’t think it’s the red or blue that was the problem. It’s the obnoxious yellow that keeps me away.
Different strokes. I’ve never understood the hang up on the volt color as it’s been used everywhere in golf at one point, but, preference matters. Just a shame a truly special series of grips would get overlooked from an accent color.

jdtox

Capitan Ho Zeal
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Enjoyed reading that James. I tried the original contour grip and just didn’t like it. The red or volt didn’t bother me so much as the feel. I also thought the grip was too short from what I recall so it only lasted a few rounds.

I do like that they changed the shape to a more traditional pistol grip and the gray may get more people to try it. can’t say I’ll definitely be one of them but you never know.

v.man

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
W.I.P.
Well done on the review, James. I love the SNSR grip. I have the original 104cc Contour on three putters right now. Whenever I buy a new putter, I have a SNSR installed before I even leave the store. I'll have to check out the new Pro version. Sounds like a subtle improvement to the grip that fits my hands better than any I've ever gamed.

O'Carroll

O'verrated
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Fat Calves
Nice review. The OG Contour was a blast for me, and I much prefer these colorways.

mikeg_74

#2019GrandaddyAssCap
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Great article James. These don’t fit my eye, but as usual you’ve given plenty of details and information for those who might take a chance with these to make an informed decision.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks gents.

Anyone who likes the true classic pistol shape, should give this one a fair look imo.

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Great review James.

I have an original Contour grip 104cc, I want to put it on my EXO. I actually like the Red Black better than the Volt/grey.

I am curious if the bend profile in the pro would fit me better than the regular.

The stock grip on my EXO is okay, but wondering if this would help - i really like that Golf Pride flexed their research muscles here.

Jaymo37

Against All Odds!
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I switched to the 140cc grip from Super Stroke to start out this season. Looking forward to seeing how much I like it.

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve now changed over 4 putters to this grip.

It’s so so good, nostalgic in shape, but still modern.

X.Man

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.5
I’ve now changed over 4 putters to this grip.

It’s so so good, nostalgic in shape, but still modern.
I’m really in between this one and the Sink Fit. Put them side by side yesterday. Posted this on the Lamkin thread as well

Jman

#JakeNation
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m really in between this one and the Sink Fit. Put them side by side yesterday. Posted this on the Lamkin thread as well

The ooooooooooonly think I don’t like about the Sink Fit is the feel compared to the Contour’s, they’re a good deal superior there to me.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in