GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

Golf Pride® Expands TOUR SNSR™ series with new Contour Pro™ oversized putter grip in the most trusted shape on TOUR

PINEHURST, NC … Golf Pride[SUP]®[/SUP] a division of power management company Eaton and an industry leader in grip innovation, today announced it is expanding its popular TOUR SNSR™ putter grip family with the new Contour Pro. The Contour Pro putter grip offers the leading Tour-preferred, pistol-shape in two oversized models for unsurpassed feel and feedback.

The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro utilizes the same soft, ultra-tuned rubber formulation as its predecessors giving the grip an excellent feel and facilitating lighter grip pressure to encourage a smoother stroke. The proprietary TOUR SNSR technology enhances feedback, affording better distance control on greens of all speeds.

The TOUR SNSR Contour Pro putter grip also features soft, rounded edges, and a pistol flare back to more naturally fit in the hands. The shape includes a wide, paddle front for a consistent landing zone for the fingers and a tapered profile for players who prefer the traditional, sculptured grip design. This pistol shaped putter grip with contour has been trusted by the best players in the world to win the most coveted championships in golf.

i-wQ38jns-L.jpg

“The TOUR SNSR has been our most popular putter grip family since its introduction two years ago,” said Bruce Miller, product manager, Golf Pride. “With the new Contour Pro, we took our most preferred shape on TOUR and combined it with our oversize TOUR SNSR technology. When it comes to putting, amateurs and professionals are on a more level playing field.

The new TOUR SNSR Contour Pro putter-grip offers those elite player-shape preferences that aid in consistent stroke and distance control.”

Available in an understated black/grey colorway, the TOUR SNSR Contour Pro putter grip will be available at retail March 2019. The Contour Pro putter grip will come in 104cc and 140cc size options and feature a retail price of $26.99. For more information on the TOUR SNSR Contour Pro and the entire 2019 Golf Pride product offering, visit GolfPride.com.

Eaton’s Golf Pride Division is one of the world’s largest manufacturer of golf grips, with manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities on six continents. The division’s Golf Pride brand is recognized globally as the number one choice in grips among TOUR and recreational players, competitive amateur golfers, club manufacturers and club repairmen. For more information, visit GolfPride.com.

Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.

No 75cc tour model, sad.

But; happy that this will end some of the hate on what are, in my opinion, the best putter grips out there right now.

I’ll be putting one on my SWAG putter.

I would love to see them introduce a smaller version available to the public. Even the 104cc was a little big and heavy for my liking.

No 75cc tour model, sad.

But; happy that this will end some of the hate on what are, in my opinion, the best putter grips out there right now.

I’ll be putting one on my SWAG putter.

I would love to see them introduce a smaller version available to the public. Even the 104cc was a little big and heavy for my liking.

I’ve heard the 75cc is perfect and it’s freaking killing me that they won’t offer it. No doubt sales would be there (of course I have no way to prove this) but I can’t believe they don’t know there’s a demand for this product in that size offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard the 75cc is perfect and it’s freaking killing me that they won’t offer it. No doubt sales would be there (of course I have no way to prove this) but I can’t believe they don’t know there’s a demand for this product in that size offering.

I would imagine their reason for not releasing it is analysis that maybe sales won’t be there?

Plus, I get the 104/140 offering, they’re the similar size to what’s so popular now with SS and the likes.

I would imagine their reason for not releasing it is analysis that maybe sales won’t be there?

Plus, I get the 104/140 offering, they’re the similar size to what’s so popular now with SS and the likes.

they probably look at the 273 different sizes that SS has and are like, you know what, we don't need to do that.

they probably look at the 273 different sizes that SS has and are like, you know what, we don't need to do that.

Hahaha, WE NEED MORE SHAPES!

Hahaha, WE NEED MORE SHAPES!

I mean they have a strong product line here, no doubt about it. I'll be curious to see a side by side of the Contour Pro vs the reg Contour.

I mean they have a strong product line here, no doubt about it. I'll be curious to see a side by side of the Contour Pro vs the reg Contour.

Same. I loved the 104 contour, looooved, but just sort of moved away. Want to see these side by side

Same. I loved the 104 contour, looooved, but just sort of moved away. Want to see these side by side

I just asked in the live thread if someone there can do that for us.

Noticed at difference with the contour on mallets vs blades?

a 75cc tour snsr sounds like pure perfection. i'm at the point that the 104 just isn't comfortable for me anymore, it's too big.

a 75cc tour snsr sounds like pure perfection. i'm at the point that the 104 just isn't comfortable for me anymore, it's too big.

I agree with you here. I am going to try the 75

Noticed at difference with the contour on mallets vs blades?

Not really, I enjoyed it on both, I just think the shape is THE best out there. Not really sure why I stopped playing them other than I tried to commit to Rosemark for a minute.

Not really, I enjoyed it on both, I just think the shape is THE best out there. Not really sure why I stopped playing them other than I tried to commit to Rosemark for a minute.

that just made me throw up

I am excited for this putter grip! Even though I am not thrilled that there is no 75cc grip...I am excited about the new shape and the new color. I will be purchasing this grip fo sho!

I agree with you guys that it's disappointing to not see the 75cc grip come out but this one has me really interested. It's still my favorite aftermarket grip I've ever tried and I'm looking forward to feeling this one in person.

I agree with you guys that it's disappointing to not see the 75cc grip come out but this one has me really interested. It's still my favorite aftermarket grip I've ever tried and I'm looking forward to feeling this one in person.

Same on all 3 points. Someone tell GP that they'd sell at least 4 75cc grips immediately if they offered it. LOL

These are one of my favorite all time grips. I like seeing the new option for sure. I think a few more shapes could help them eat up SS sales, but they’ve been pretty deliberate with this line, so I’m guessing they’re happy with what it’s doing at retail.

These are one of my favorite all time grips. I like seeing the new option for sure. I think a few more shapes could help them eat up SS sales, but they’ve been pretty deliberate with this line, so I’m guessing they’re happy with what it’s doing at retail.

Fwiw, the more shapes thing from @ddec and I was sarcasm more than anything. They’ve really hit the biggest segment imo with the two shapes they have in the SNSR, plus they have all their standard putter grips for traditionalists seeking that smaller grip.

But it’d still be cool to get hands on a 75cc hahaha

Fwiw, the more shapes thing from @ddec and I was sarcasm more than anything. They’ve really hit the biggest segment imo with the two shapes they have in the SNSR, plus they have all their standard putter grips for traditionalists seeking that smaller grip.

But it’d still be cool to get hands on a 75cc hahaha

Yeah, I just think that with all the options out there from some companies if GP had more size/shape/color options they might eat more of their competitors market share.

That being said, I don’t know that they should offer more shapes, because like you said the two OG SNSR grips will probably work for most golfers, and this third one should pick up a lot more.

But looking at a GP display at retail vs a certain competitor’s display makes it look like there are less options than there really are. And we all know that people often fall for illusions.

Ill be ordering the 104cc Contour Pro asap for my San Diego

Back