Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 Grips - THP Review

I need to replace a couple of mine, which after 5+ months, is better than the NDMC I was using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By far my favorite grips to date

Great grip. Put them in all my clubs.

Really might be the perfect wedge grip for me.

So these really just don't move the needle for people or what?

Is the the boring nature of TV's in general? Or the lack of ALIGN on them maybe?
I think I want these to come out in align. I have never tried a non taper grip yet but I want to.

Really might be the perfect wedge grip for me.
I put the MCC plus4 grips on 3 wedges yesterday and love them!

Bumping this as I’m making the move this fall back to them as an experiment and it’s time to move from the cords before the 40 degree weather I still play in. Haha

The experiment is we have been working on getting my right hand more passive beyond the takeaway, and the +4 lower section could and should help remove tension there and let my left hand do it’s job.

Did anyone else ever give these a go?

I’ve been gaming these for a couple weeks. I prefer the TV feel over the MCC. I’ll be changing all of my irons over this winter.

I’ve been gaming these for a couple weeks. I prefer the TV feel over the MCC. I’ll be changing all of my irons over this winter.
Other nice thing is that as is the case for all TV models (except my beloved cords) the price is easier on the wallet than the MCC or the likes.

Other nice thing is that as is the case for all TV models (except my beloved cords) the price is easier on the wallet than the MCC or the likes.
That is a definite benefit. I also like the softer feel.

I prefer a grip with a built up lower hand section and switched from MCC+4 to these. Very quickly I had the top of several grips split which I hadn't seen with a grip previously. I really liked the feeling of these to start but after a full season I've found that these aren't as tacky (though I clean them regularly) and most now are split. I have decided to regrip my set with different grips

I have no idea how I'm not hard on grips or gloves compared to some. I went TV +4 on my Morgan Cup clubs and after a ton of rounds and range and bay work they're in amazing shape. I clean them every couple/few months, but seriously no issues.

I prefer a grip with a built up lower hand section and switched from MCC+4 to these. Very quickly I had the top of several grips split which I hadn't seen with a grip previously. I really liked the feeling of these to start but after a full season I've found that these aren't as tacky (though I clean them regularly) and most now are split. I have decided to regrip my set with different grips

You must have had a bad batch, never had a problem with these. My favorite grip plus the price.

You must have had a bad batch, never had a problem with these. My favorite grip plus the price.
That's a good sign if it's just me. I know that any manufactured product has the potential for a bad batch. I've never had splitting like this with the mcc+4's so that makes sense if it was just a bad batch. I will have to give them a try again as I really liked the feel when I first got them.

Back