Golf Pride Tour Wrap MicroSuede Grips

They look good! I have never gotten along with the wrap style personally.... not sure if it's the humidity or what, but the MCC New Decades seem to fit my grip far more comfortably

talk about a quick turnaround

How’s the texture? Kinda wild?

5a4ba3465bda301fc6acb44dbe262951.jpg

Those look good.

How’s the texture? Kinda wild?

It is, but honestly, I really like it. And I didn't expect to. I mean really like it.

The combination of soft plus traction has me extremely interested in these. I like the feel of a wrap grip, but have always hated the wet performance of anything I've tried.

I love wrap grips. I just had some CP2 midsize installed, but will definitely look at these when the time comes. My favorite wrap had a soft feel years ago, but it was always slick when damp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love wrap grips. I just had some CP2 midsize installed, but will definitely look at these when the time comes. My favorite wrap had a soft feel years ago, but it was always slick when damp

Same here. Love the wraps but I moved away for better moisture performance. When I got my irons in April, I had the CP2 Wrap midsize installed. I like them but not as much as Tour Wrap midsize but went with them because of better vibration dampening.

I'm going to have some foam inserts put in to get more help with vibration (hopefully) and may wait until these are available.

They look intriguing but I'll need to actually put my hands on one to see. If it's really soft (like Tour Wrap 2G) that's a no-go for me. But if it's medium firmness like the old Tour Wraps I'm sure the suede texture would be fine by me.

These are...

Surprisingly good.

I only had one put onto my 60* (thanks @Canadan for the club work! Hahaha) but I really dig it. I wish I’d built up the bottom hand a touch, but it’s a good feel in the hands and in the heat/humid today.

I’ll leave @ddec to talk about the moisture aspect though, since he swung the one we drenched in water today haha

Snapped a couple pics of the one I put on my 60 this past weekend.

Really got soft in the 100* heat today, but no twisting issues. The texture is simple, yet pretty awesome.

f418e451d48980de575b04fe2a59d26c.jpg

916bca7812dd89f3fd3c92053725bbe9.jpg

bde0f652141d067bfc5a6d5db1393d8d.jpg

Are those grooves really noticeable when in hand?

I am borderline obsessed with these right now.

Are those grooves really noticeable when in hand?

Nah. Have you ever tried one of their wrap designs before? I prefer it in wedges, just not a feel torsion wise I care for on full swings with driver or irons I really go after.

I am borderline obsessed with these right now.

You were smitten very very quickly!

Have yall heard a release date on these guys?

I like soft grips but moisture management is always a struggle. Be interested in hearing how these hold up to water

Golf Pride Tour Wrap MicroSuede Grips

I like soft grips but moisture management is always a struggle. Be interested in hearing how these hold up to water

I can safely say that moisture was thoroughly tested.

09324110925b8c930d824f2244c6d2ee.gif

I can safely say that moisture was thoroughly tested.

09324110925b8c930d824f2244c6d2ee.gif

I was playing tour wrap 2gs and dumped them because of slipping when it was humid. How’d these perform??

Can't wait to see how these hold up for you guys. I'll have to get out and check these out when they hit actual stores.

I have a few installed so far and at this point I'm impressed. We definitely did a soak test where water was dumped on my hands as well as all over the grip. See that full bottle of water in the gif above? We emptied it for this test. Now did the club slip? Of course it did, hands and grip were soaked! But with that being said, the result of the shot was down the left side of the fairway. Punished a bit? Yes, because I didn't have full control, but I made it work. Used the same club on the next hole and the grip felt pretty tacky, so no issues on that one. With a crazy week here I don't think I'm playing again until Monday, but will have this at least on my driver and wedges.

I have a few installed so far and at this point I'm impressed. We definitely did a soak test where water was dumped on my hands as well as all over the grip. See that full bottle of water in the gif above? We emptied it for this test. Now did the club slip? Of course it did, hands and grip were soaked! But with that being said, the result of the shot was down the left side of the fairway. Punished a bit? Yes, because I didn't have full control, but I made it work. Used the same club on the next hole and the grip felt pretty tacky, so no issues on that one. With a crazy week here I don't think I'm playing again until Monday, but will have this at least on my driver and wedges.

That was the biggest thing I noticed. That the next hole it was pretty much dry completely and tacky again.

That was the biggest thing I noticed. That the next hole it was pretty much dry completely and tacky again.

Yup and that gives me hope because lets face it, we aren't going to be playing in a monsoon, which is how we tested. So if playing in wet weather, perhaps some toweling will help keep it tacky.

Back